UPVC or Wood

amachismo

UPVC or Wood

Post by amachismo »

Hi Members ,
Currently I am in plans to choose b/w wood (basic neem/sal 1000~1400/cft ) ==vs== UPVC .

As my project has two 2bhk and one 1bhk portions I am planing to go with UPVC or Wood based on your suggestions

Bellow are my concerns
1. I am looking for basic cost comparison between wood and UPVC does any one have a comparison chart kind of thing done as per today's market ?
2. Will I be saving decent on cost and maintenance by going for UPVC in terms of cost ?
3. Review on LG or any other good brands of UPVC which forum members have already used.
4. Pointers to good UPVC brand and contact person.

PS: I did go through earlier posts on the same but wanted to know current rates and reviews.

Thanks ,
Arun
girishd

Re: UPVC or Wood

Post by girishd »

Arun,

I did this analysis few months back but somehow could not get convinced about UPVC windows. Stretched my budget and went for Teak wood.

From what I read in this forum, UPVC windows the cost has drastically increased in last 2 years.

If you plan to use Neem/Sal/Honne wood my suggestion is to buy the wood as soon as you start your project. That way there will be some time of seasoning before the carpenter starts the work.
amachismo

Post by amachismo »

Hi girish,
Thanks for the input , can you please let me know from where you purchased wood ? and what was the cost ?

Thanks ,
Arun
girishd

Post by girishd »

I bought wood from a dealer in Shimoga. The source of wood was from some forest depot near Shimoga.

My carpenter knows a local dealer on Kanakapura Road. If you need that contact please send me PM and I will check with carpenter and pass it

Return to “Civil Construction”