My Building construction Expereince with a Labour contract.

prakash025

Re: My Building construction Expereince with a Labour contra

Post by prakash025 »

Can you please share contact details
keshavachandras

Post by keshavachandras »

Hi Venkyn,

Congrats on your house construction; wishing you and your near n dear ones a happy and progressive life in the new house. Looks like you are all set for the roofing hope you have considered to have Hooks pre-fixed during bar bending if you intend to have Swing in the living or portico.

Had a tough time with my builder as he completed all plastering and roofing without the provision for swing and later had to get external help for the hook.
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

@ Prakash

Satish - 7411432301/8971330700 - is a very decent and does the work well without much noise. He charges Rs3.50 per sqft. Our was 935 * 3.50. The rate for supply of material and laying. He stays near Bangalore university.

Regards,
Venky
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

@Keshava

Yes, i have put the rings before the roofing. Though very small details, it could be annoying to have it later.

Regardsm
Venky
riturajmnit

Post by riturajmnit »

Thanks a lot Venky.
This is of great help.

I am almost done with design and floor plans. And giving it on BOQ (Bill of Quantity).
Total area roughly is 2400 sqft (40*42 plot size)
This includes, Parking: 360 sqft: Courtyard and balcony: 300 sqft

I am hoping to keep it within 40 lakhs, clear picture will emerge in BOQ. Please share you contact details, so that I can leverage on pricing and if possible get the billing reviewed from you :)

Really appreciate your help.

What is your total size of construction here ?
riturajmnit

Post by riturajmnit »

Thanks a lot Venky.
This is of great help.

I am almost done with design and floor plans. And giving it on BOQ (Bill of Quantity).
Total area roughly is 2400 sqft (40*42 plot size)
This includes, Parking: 360 sqft: Courtyard and balcony: 300 sqft

I am hoping to keep it within 40 lakhs, clear picture will emerge in BOQ. Please share you contact details, so that I can leverage on pricing and if possible get the billing reviewed from you :)

Really appreciate your help.

What is your total size of construction here ?
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

RituRaj,

Nice to know the information helped.
Have sent contact via PM.

The plot size is 30x40 , G + 2 floors with half of the ground floor used for parking so,
essentially it comes to (850 * 3)2400 sqft.

Regards,
Venky
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

With second floor construction in progress , here is the estimation vs actual breakup.
Now exploring options for
- Electrical
- Plumbing
- Granite and Marble.

With wide range, pls share your experience with discounts and best place to buy in and around Bangalore West [KR Market - Vijayanagar etc].

Regards,
Venky
Attachments
Estimation_28_till_FF_Roof.pdf
(341.63 KiB) Downloaded 671 times
rrprakash

Post by rrprakash »

@Venkyn

In one of your threads, you have mentioned, one lot of SSB brick quality was not good. Normally how many bricks are supplied in one lot? How you have handled the situation. Weather this lot was rejected and sent back or accepted by giving warning regarding next lot.

What precaution we can take regarding the quality of bricks to avoid such type of situations.

Regards

Prakash
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Hi Prakash,

SSB lorry supplies 5000 red Bricks at a time. We did not send it back as the quality of bricks that i mentioned was about how the brick was cut, the edges were not aligned so had to just warn them.
I got the SSB owner number from the SSB person and spoke to him. He listened to me and the problem was rectified by him for the rest of the loads.

In any case, the quality of red soil used in the brick are far superior then i got it from others.. You can dip the brick for 10 Days and they don't dissolve.

-Venky

Return to “Civil Construction”