Is Building Plan Approval happens/needed for B Khata Plot?

Chethankumar

Is Building Plan Approval happens/needed for B Khata Plot?

Post by Chethankumar »

Hi All,

After registering my plot - which is B Khata, i met with an Engineer/Contractor to discuss on his quotation.

during discussion, i told him -
" meantime Building Plan gets BBMP approval i will take time and finalize materials to be used, and get the working plan fine tuned so that - you can give me Final & accurate quotation"

For my surprise - all those who were - 2 of my wellwishers & even engineer said - " why BBMP Plan approval ? if you go by that - you wont start construction sooner & you will spend some 50K. None of us have it. (all of them stay in same street where i am now planning to construct) .

When i enquired with few others - everybody said - B Khata, no need to take ?
is it ok, if i proceed without Plan Approval?
blrsiteseeker

Re: Is Building Plan Approval happens/needed for B Khata Plo

Post by blrsiteseeker »

Not sure where your contacts are getting their info.

1. first off, B Khata is not even a valid khata and there were many threads about all the issues with it. Try to read that up.
2. Doesn't matter what khata you have, you need a plan approval, construction without plan approval is illegal.
3. Besides, you will not get a loan approved if you don't have an authority approved plan when you construct.
4. If B khata has this advantage - don't you wonder why everyone prefers to buy a site that has A-Khata?

Think through all the things before you go and construct without a plan approval.
Chethankumar

Post by Chethankumar »

Hi blrsiteseeker....Thanks for the reply.

It was a total surprise to me also.
There counterpoint is -
1. As 'B' Khata in itself is not valid, taking approval on it is useless & authorities can take you for ride.
2. Betterment fee will be paid once it converts to 'A' Khata - considering all civic amneties provided on the builtup not on vacant land.

Need clarity on this issue, as well if i plan to proceed with Plan approval - can i get it approved?
Advice from Someone gone through this experience is appreciated.

Thanks
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

no you won't get plan approval. But basically the point is that you are not allowed to build on that plot as of yet. Once they issue A Khata then you are allowed to build there.

About betterment charges - that is really for the facilities the organizations provide you (water, sewer, electricity, roads etc. etc.) and every plot has to pay that. That has nothing to do with the house constructed or not.

you have to wait till you can get the A-khata and plan sanctions, only then you can build.
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

This link has the answer. You cannot get plan approval from BBMP for B-Khata sites.
https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 003AAa6jN8
Pratap

Post by Pratap »

Hi Chethan,

if you want wait for payment of betterment charges and getting a A khatha you need to wait for years... I am waiting for 4 years this BBMP rules sucks. Mine is DC converted and its not revenue plot but still these bloody BBMP people are not willing to help us. I am bleeding interest cost for 4 years and now decided to go ahead with construction without plan approval. more than 70% of Bangalore properties are like that you are not alone.
Chethankumar

Post by Chethankumar »

Hi Pratap,

I am in the process of getting Khatha certifcate transferred, but its getting delayed.
To just force them into action - When i informed the BBMP official , " sir, my Building approval Plan will also gets delayed if you delay in issuing Khata to me"
Then he replied to me saying - "Sir, building Plan approval- Nothing of that sort for revenue site, you go ahead with your construction. Khata i will get it done"

This is the sorry state of affairs.
It gives me impression that - "Rules are for those who asks and follows".

Anyways i also see no point in waiting for Akrama/sakrama or A Khata conversion to start construction.
Pratap

Post by Pratap »

Hi Chethan,

All the best and keep posting the happenings. by the way which part of Bangalore you belong to?

Pratap
sk1976

Post by sk1976 »

For 'B' khatha, BBMP does NOT approve building plan. Banks do not give loan if building plan is not approved. BESCOM and BWSSB require BBMP approved plan for issuing electricity and water connections. Then how do people construct homes on 'B' khatha and still get all of the above !!! . The following is what I heard from a experienced contractor.

- One needs the blessings of local corporator to avoid harassment from BBMP engineers during construction on 'B" khata sites without appoval. Once you bribe the corporator, he/she takes care of BBMP engineers !!!
- A fake BBMP approval is used to apply for home loan from some lending institutions that do not check the genuineness of the documents. They generally charge higher loan rates too
- BWSSB and BESCOM applications are submitted using similar fake approvals and the engineers who inspect the site are bribed suitably to get the connections.

In all the above steps, there are risks and you should also reserve significant extra amount for bribes for everybody.

As per him, this has been happening for years and this is the only way one could construct house on a 'B' khatha site unless you want to wait endlessly for the hopeless Govt/BBMP to clear Akrama-sakrama!.
Chethankumar

Post by Chethankumar »

I decided not to press ahead of obtaining approval of building

Finally i got the Khatha transferred to my name. Intially they said - it's altogether a new Khatha they will issue , but later ARO - informed he will allow the transfer and got it.

Now on the next step of it - Borewell approval.

Return to “Civil Construction”