Sump Paint

santro

Sump Paint

Post by santro »

My painter is telling to use Epoxy paint for better maintenance & waterproof in Sump. Please share brand name & appox cost if someone used in your construction.
nagzzz

Re: Sump Paint

Post by nagzzz »

Dr. Fixit Damp proof- Costs Rs 400/-, and is sufficient for about 60-70 sqft. Use it as a plaster on Sump inside surface. You can use 2 coats.
sahu.mgse

Post by sahu.mgse »

Dear nagzz;
My sump is done with brickwork, mesh and plastering. can you tell me now what all i have to do to make it ready for storing water for use.

Sahu
nagzzz

Post by nagzzz »

For the Convenience of All:
the Following steps can be followed to get a good Waterproof Layer
1. Clean the Inner surface with Wire Brush and Sand paper
2. brush coat of Dr. Fixit/ Fosroc/ similar Base damp proof + Hardener+ Water followed by 6 hours drying
3. Putty the Whole Surface- Dr. Fixit/ Fosroc/ similar Base damp proof + Hardener+ Waterproof Putty + Water followed by 24 hours drying
4. brush coat of Dr. Fixit/ Fosroc/ similar Base damp proof + Hardener+ Water followed by 6 hours drying
5. Curing for 2-3 days
6. Final waterproof paint (optional)
anilmn

Post by anilmn »

nagzzz wrote:For the Convenience of All:
the Following steps can be followed to get a good Waterproof Layer
1. Clean the Inner surface with Wire Brush and Sand paper
2. brush coat of Dr. Fixit/ Fosroc/ similar Base damp proof + Hardener+ Water followed by 6 hours drying
3. Putty the Whole Surface- Dr. Fixit/ Fosroc/ similar Base damp proof + Hardener+ Waterproof Putty + Water followed by 24 hours drying
4. brush coat of Dr. Fixit/ Fosroc/ similar Base damp proof + Hardener+ Water followed by 6 hours drying
5. Curing for 2-3 days
6. Final waterproof paint (optional)
Nagzzz, thanks for the detailed reply - helps a lot of people. Do you also happen to know approximate per sq ft rate including material for end-to-end painting (clean + brush coat + Putty + brush coat + painting). Apologies if I am asking for too much :geek:
santro

Post by santro »

Thanks Nazz, Your response from Sl no 1 to 5 can be followed by members whom are yet to built/in process of building sump.
If the sump is already built & in use in this case which paint should be used?
nagzzz

Post by nagzzz »

This is for an already built sump. Just mentioning the steps i followed for my sump. Only make sure it's completely drained out of water and dry.
sujiths

Post by sujiths »

Thank you for the informative reply.
Could you please provide more information on the materials to be used/procedure to be followed for water proofing of terrace area.

When we last got it done, the painter brought a Fosroc compound, mixed it with water and applied it like paint onto the terrace and stair case areas.
I am doubting the quality of the material and the work, for which I would like to get it done again, but would be good to have more information on it
aries31

Post by aries31 »

I am planning to get my completed sump coated with Dr.Fixit Safeguard Pro TDS. Epoxy

I have attached the PDF file from DrFixit site which is quite informative.
Attachments
DrFixitSafeguard-ProTDS.pdf
(180.27 KiB) Downloaded 863 times
nagzzz

Post by nagzzz »

Safeguard and Dampguard look like similar products. maybe one is epoxy based and other is acrylic.

Return to “Civil Construction”