Anti-termite treatment solution.

saran88

Re: Anti-termite treatment solution.

Post by saran88 »

Thanks for your input Visualizer.
I went to the shop. They had shown Chlorpyrifos, Bayer's Imidacloprid and FMC's Biflex. They don't have stock of HIL MIDA. They recommended FMC'S Biflex I.e Bifenthrin chemical. As it's effectiveness stays more compare to others. It's not harmful like Imidacloprid. So I purchased the same.
I got a journal paper which compares all three chemicals which I attached with this post.
Visualizer wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 7:20 pm
Update:

Digging for my site is comple PCC will be laid next.

Purchased Imadacloprid 30.5 SC Brand HIL MIDA
Manufactured by HIL limited which is a govt of India enterprises. ( 1295/- per liter including GST). If you want to buy Bayer ( prevent) it was 3000/- a liter ( MRP 3700)
The price difference is mainly generic vs MNC brand issue.
1 liter is sufficient for 1000 sq feet construction for all stages ( foundation , backfill and flooring).
dilution 2.1 ml per liter of water , water will not turn white like other chemicals Only spraying on floor and walls of.pit is sufficient no need to pour the mixture like other termite treatments.

Important points
1. Older generation termite chemicals popular with contractors and shopkeepers pollute ground water and banned in other countries.

2. Quanity needed of Imdacloprid is less compared to other chemicals.

3. Toxicity for mammals is quite less

4. As per the owner of firm from which I purchased this kills the whole colony and spreads horizontally. Other options he had mostly repel termites and thus subsoil needs to be soaked to form barrier.

It was little difficult for me to procure Imadacloprid 30.5 as most shops push other pesticides. Sharing the details of place from where I bought.

Velcare International Domlur Krishnareddy colony.
Ph 9945232971. Owner Mr. Sathyachandran is quite knowledgeable person and advised on dosage, method of application and other treatments for wood boarers etc for woodwork as well.
Attachments
10.1.1.476.6843.pdf
(112.06 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Saran, can you also put the cost and quantity brought along with plot size details. It helps people like us who on small budgets.
saran88

Post by saran88 »

For 600 sqft, 0.5lit Bayer or 5lit FMC is required.
Price of 1lit Bayer is 3000 and 5lit FMC costs 2350 with GST...
RashmiL wrote:
March 4th, 2021, 4:47 pm
Saran, can you also put the cost and quantity brought along with plot size details. It helps people like us who on small budgets.
BloreBoy

Post by BloreBoy »

Looking for advice

I bought imidaclorpid and i have the spray bottle as well. How exactly do we need to use the liquid after mixing with water? The spray bottle is 1L capacity. Should the labourer spray this all over the site? I assume this is time consuming and monotonous job. Is the labour expected to do this? Will he agree to do it?

Return to “Civil Construction”