Anti-termite treatment solution.

ramki067

Anti-termite treatment solution.

Post by ramki067 »

Hi guys,

Would like to know which is the best anti-termite treatment solution available in market presently.
For a 1000sqft house, how much solution i need to purchase?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ramki
zipperboy

Re: Anti-termite treatment solution.

Post by zipperboy »

Hi ,

i recently visited a pesticide shop near hebbal and bought a 5 liter bottle for anti termite for my 1500 sq ft plot( construction just started). along with it , also bought a sprayer.
mixed the solution with water and sprayed all over. There are no more termites on my site now.

name i dont remember, need to goto site and check the bottle. you can just visit any pesticide shop and ask them for best anti termite.

hope this helps.

Regards
Asif

P.s i had called the anti termite treatment guys, they charge Rs7 to rs 10 per sq feet, i.e more than 10k for a 1500 sq feet plot. instead i just spent about Rs 2900.
viksat82

Post by viksat82 »

How much deeper you need to dig the whole and what spacing? Do we need to apply both inside and out side of all walls?
CivilGuy

Post by CivilGuy »

HI,
I am seeing termite in my house which is 7 years old, Request you help
to tackle this menace. It has appeared on the gap of bedroom door frame
and damaged the Frame. Is there a permanent solution. I think the contractor
has not done the anti termite treatment during the excavation/ floor laying time.
Plus the plots are empty on both sides . does this aggravate the problem.
Thanks
Jayakumar R
sabarishm

Post by sabarishm »

I had similar issue with termites in a 1 year old house. Engineer told me he did the anti-termite treatment before construction, yet there was termite attacks on door frame and kitchen cabinets after around a year. I used the service from hicare (hicare.in i think) and seem to be working. Been almost 8 months since and I do not see any termites visible. But this is not a permanent solution and have to be repeated every year or two years I think to proactively keep the termites at bay. A permanent solution, if it exists sounds interesting!

Just thought I would mention my experience with "hicare" team. They drill tiny holes around the house on the walls near the floor and let the chemical seep in and while they were at it, It told them specifically don't drill on the wooden installations near the kitchen cabinet. The workers were a careless bunch and they drilled a laminated wooden portion damaging considerably. The laminate came off at a 2-3 inch diameter and the designer lamination was looking ugly. I asked them to replace/repair it and since I think the cost was higher than their invoice (around Rs.6500) they never came back!

So if there is anything to learn from my experience, it is to never leave those workers alone during the drilling. Always keep an eye if possible.
sun

Post by sun »

take a look at www.pestindiaa.com
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Anti termite treatment should be done in 2-3 phases during construction .
1. You should spray all the wall and floor of the footing pits before casting footings. Termites attack wood from ground all the time.
2. You apply by spray or pour in pockets while filling back the soil up to plinth height . In case you haven't done during the filling soil you can apply by making bore holes with crow bar and pour chemical by mixing with suggested water ratio .
3. spray one more time on the top soil before laying PCC for ground floor .

Post construction treatment is expensive by drilling holes all round plinth and force inject chemical with pressure machine .
Given that pesticides are not very eco friendly because it will kill termites and also good bugs (earthworms) at the same time. So instead of using chemicals you can use anti termite with natural ingredients like neem based. Brands like osilin are natural chemicals but 3-4 times expensive for unknown reasons :)
Brands to check
Bayer, Terminator, FMC, Rallis tata

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardesarchitectsblr
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

imidacloprid is one of the best termite control chemical, It has relatively less toxicity to humans which means it is not
toxic through skin contact.

However follow all precautions mentioned on pack such as thick rubber gloves , 3M Mask etc
and dilute as per the instructions.

Bayer was inventor and original manufacturer though this chemical is off patent now and manufactured by others.
If construction is already done drill small holes in the grout of the floor and inject the solution using a big size plastic syringe

If site is yet to be constructed do it in 3 stages.
(1) Spray with sprayer on clean site.
(2) After foundation pits are digged spray in the pit.
(3) After construction is done but before floor is laid.

Check Bayer Premise SC
https://www.environmentalscience.bayer. ... ts/Premise

EDIT:

FIPRONIL is another chemical however it is a broad spectrum that is it will kill butterflies , bees as well so
I feel imidacloprid is better

Earlier I thought the below product is also imidacloprid but it is FIPRONIL
https://www.amazon.in/Bayer-Agenda-500m ... B06XNTLY7R
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Update:

Digging for my site is comple PCC will be laid next.

Purchased Imadacloprid 30.5 SC Brand HIL MIDA
Manufactured by HIL limited which is a govt of India enterprises. ( 1295/- per liter including GST). If you want to buy Bayer ( prevent) it was 3000/- a liter ( MRP 3700)
The price difference is mainly generic vs MNC brand issue.
1 liter is sufficient for 1000 sq feet construction for all stages ( foundation , backfill and flooring).
dilution 2.1 ml per liter of water , water will not turn white like other chemicals Only spraying on floor and walls of.pit is sufficient no need to pour the mixture like other termite treatments.

Important points
1. Older generation termite chemicals popular with contractors and shopkeepers pollute ground water and banned in other countries.

2. Quanity needed of Imdacloprid is less compared to other chemicals.

3. Toxicity for mammals is quite less

4. As per the owner of firm from which I purchased this kills the whole colony and spreads horizontally. Other options he had mostly repel termites and thus subsoil needs to be soaked to form barrier.

It was little difficult for me to procure Imadacloprid 30.5 as most shops push other pesticides. Sharing the details of place from where I bought.

Velcare International Domlur Krishnareddy colony.
Ph 9945232971. Owner Mr. Sathyachandran is quite knowledgeable person and advised on dosage, method of application and other treatments for wood boarers etc for woodwork as well.
NaveenBlr

Post by NaveenBlr »

Visualizer wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 7:20 pm

1. Older generation termite chemicals popular with contractors and shopkeepers pollute ground water and banned in other countries.

2. Quanity needed of Imdacloprid is less compared to other chemicals.

3. Toxicity for mammals is quite less

4. As per the owner of firm from which I purchased this kills the whole colony and spreads horizontally. Other options he had mostly repel termites and thus subsoil needs to be soaked to form barrier.
Hi @visualizer,

Thanks a lot for sharing the information regarding Imidacloprid.
I'm in the process of my house construction and will be using the same.

Thank you

Return to “Civil Construction”