Tile and Wall Cladding Fixing Labour Cost

bala4034

Tile and Wall Cladding Fixing Labour Cost

Post by bala4034 »

Can any body help me with the labour cost for Tile Fixing and wall Cladding fixing for my Gr.+3 residential house in Bangalore, your soon reply will be highly appreciated.
you can also reply to my mail id: ak_balakrishnan@yahoo.com
pribaaji

Re: Tile and Wall Cladding Fixing Labour Cost

Post by pribaaji »

hi,

i enquired about it and one vendor quoted 25 to 30/sqft for cladding natural stones and it increases with the building height.

regards,
balaji.
Raju091117

Post by Raju091117 »

Can any one let me know the appox labour cost for wall cladding
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi, Raju
Labour cost for wall cladding incase of
Tiles - 9" - 1' size will be 20/- per sft
Tiles - 1'- 2' size will be 25/- per sft
Tiles - 2' and above will be 30/- per sft

The above rates are considering a decent workmanship quality. You do get tile layers starting from 12-15/- per sft for wall cladding.
In case of stone cladding the rates vary with respect to the design and pattern. Incase of stone cladding by cutting & dressing the stone at site will range between 40-80/- per sft depending up to stone type and pattern again.

It's difficult to generalise the rates for design works unless you have specific details of cladding material.

All above suggestions are purely my personal opinion, Pls do your market research before finalising with any one.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects 
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

For stone tile cladding you also need to check the cost of grout filling in joints and acid wash and cleaning (to remove excess cement) this is a substantial work and quite time consuming in rough finish butchwork.

The rate of stone cladding depends on many things like if you want cladding on whole wall the rate will be lower but for narrower spaces like just columns and beams which involves lot of cutting the rates go up.
Cladding of smooth granite or sandstone is cheaper compared to butch work in rough stones.

I initially got quote of 60rs for granite cladding but for butch work it was more.
I just wanted stone cladding on pillars and beams and walls are red exposed brick.
So after seeing scope and material all stone fixers who saw work and gave quotes jacked up prices.

I was unable to find any reasonable stone tile fixer so finally ended up paying 120 rs a square feet for sadarhalli rough hand dressed 9"x4" stone cladding with 10mm spacer grooves filled with grout including cleaning and acid wash.

Cleaning and grouting is laborious work in rough stone cladding and fixing them at height is very slow work just 3-4 feet height on one column can be done in a day as weight of stones rest on lower stones so it needs 2 days in between to gain strength.

After seeing the work got just response from two guys one at 120 rs .and other at 135/- many others came saw the work and returned
. As i was frustaed and running out of time to complete the house gave work at 120/- knowing its quite high compared to what I should pay.

For normal tile work the rates from same person are quite lower

Granite flooring 25rs per sq feet.
Skirting 25/- running feet
Half rounding 30/- running feet
Full rounding 40/- running feet

For tiles
2'x2' vitrified 17 rupees per sq feet
2'x4' vitrified 20/- per sq fee
4' x6' vitrified 22/-
Acid wash of tiles 6/- per sq feet
Spacer epoxy filling 10/- sq feet
rajesha07

Post by rajesha07 »

I am paying 14rs per sqft for 2*2 tiles, 270rs for each granite step and 20rs per sqft for exterior wall cladding. 3000 for acid wash.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Ok seems I am being royally fleeced for labour rates.

Return to “Civil Construction”