Hunsur Teak wood

premkumarnts

Re: Hunsur Teak wood logs Available for Contruction purpose

Post by premkumarnts »

For the African Teak, info as per wiki is "Iroko is a large hardwood tree from the west coast of tropical Africa. It is one of the woods sometimes referred to as African Teak, although it is unrelated to the teak family:. For more details http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iroko
buildmyhome

Post by buildmyhome »

Thanks Lingesh for sparing your Time on my visit. My carpenter is waiting to start up with his work once the wood is procured from you.
lingeshpes

Post by lingeshpes »

@Sundar raj...It's my pleasure. Hope you will not forget for House warming ceremony :D
Nivas

Post by Nivas »

Lingesh,

I am guessing that your\seller location is Mysore\Hunsur , Transporting wood for bonafide\own use from Mysore to bangalore legally is not going to be smooth unless you can furnish Taxbill with e-Sugam and saw mill procures transport pass from forest dept . Other wise , if caught Commercial tax department inspectors on the SH17 and inside Bangalore will rip us apart. Not only that the check post forest officials may seize if we don't procure the Transport Pass issued by forest Dept in spite of having a valid tax bill. (I am not denying the fact that day to day basis people smuggle and many times get away paying small bribe , but risky).
a)I am assuming we need to cut the logs in the nearest saw mill. Can you confirm if the nearest saw mill is ready to give us a tax bill and apply for forest dept Transport pass. Also how long will it take to procure the forest dept pass.
b) Where exactly is the logs geographically located and the closest saw mill ?
c) Can we have some pictures of the graded logs, Rs 2000,3000 separately ? Can you publish the yield \ wastage from logs from your previous customers.
Typically the wastage for fairly straight and smaller dia logs( 1 ft) will be 35% to 40% . What is the formula for your calculation of CFT of logs, do you exclude bark or not.
I will give a illustration of cut size cost for the cheapest variety log. ( based on my experience)
Actual Cut size cost per cft
Log Per CFT = 2000
Wastage (40%) = 800
Cutting Charges (roughly translated to cft) = 70/Cft
Planing Charges = 70 / Cft
VAT 14.5% ( Lets say derated to 1500 ) = 200
Total Transport of Log from your place to Saw Mill Lorry (lets say 10 logs of 20ft) = Rs 3000
Total Transport of Cut wood from Sawmill to Bangalore lets say for 50 cft = Rs 5000
Forest Dept Transport Pass for transport of Total cut wood for own use(lets assume around) = 3000
Lets say some one has selected Rs 2000 Log and buying 50 Sqft of Cut Size , actual landed cost will be close to Rs 3500 per cft.
Can you let us know what was landed cost incurred from one of your customers, yield etc.

Lets come to delays.
I do not think , Saw mills will be willing to cut some one else logs easily , we need to book a slot and they need to see that all your papers are clear. In your experience how long will this take ?
Typical time for Forest dept to issue transport Pass.
We need to add any costs of staying as well if its more than 1 day.
lingeshpes

Post by lingeshpes »

Grains
Attachments
IMG-20141222-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20141222-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20141222-WA0005.jpg
lingeshpes

Post by lingeshpes »

Cut Sizes
Attachments
DSC08264_1.jpg
DSC08267_1.jpg
buildmyhome

Re: Hunsur Teak wood

Post by buildmyhome »

Valuable Information
imtiazfirst

Re: Hunsur Teak wood

Post by imtiazfirst »

Hi

I want to make a king size cot out of teak wood.
I don't want to compromise on the quality of teak which will be used in making the cot.
Can someone suggest whether it is better to buy a ready made cot or it is better to buy teak and make it.
If ready made is better please suggest me the place where I can buy genuine Teak wood cots in Bangalore for a price of around 40K.
Or please suggest where to buy good quality teak.

Regards
Imtiaz
buildmyhome

Hunsur Teak wood

Post by buildmyhome »

Hi,

If you want a genuine Teak wood cot, better purchase wood and get it ready from a carpenter. Try to get some Indian teak which has more Strength than imported teaks like Gana teak etc..
guruprasad.na

Post by guruprasad.na »

lingeshpes wrote:Hi prem,

please visit the place in person for clarity if you are not satisfied with images.

Thanks,
Lingesh
hI lINGESH,

Please provide your contact details, i need wood for construction

Regards,
Guru

Return to “Civil Construction”