chemical/ Acid used for wire cut brick cleaning and procedur

nagzzz

Re: chemical/ Acid used for wire cut brick cleaning and proc

Post by nagzzz »

Yes... I have already applied them on my wire cut bricks. They give a wet look after drying and supposed to be waterproof. It is Asian Paints Clear Synthetic Varnish. A litre costs about Rs 240/- and is sufficient for 100 sqft of wall. you can also use the 10l cans.
santro

Post by santro »

Nazz,

Thanks for sharing. Please clarify on below points:

1. Do we need to clean the brick using sandpaper before application or its direct application on bricks?
2. Anything to be mixed with Varnish? ex: Thinner.
3. Can this be applied on Main door/window which has been just hand polished? an alternative to melamine polish.
4. Does white patched disappear after applying varnish.
5. What will happen if the bricks are exposed to direct sunlight?
nagzzz

Post by nagzzz »

1. Do we need to clean the brick using sandpaper before application or its direct application on bricks? - Not required. I did not get any sanding done. Direct application on Brick.
2. Anything to be mixed with Varnish? ex: Thinner. - Yes. 1 ltr Varnish takes about 200ml of Thinner
3. Can this be applied on Main door/window which has been just hand polished? an alternative to melamine polish. - I tried on a few wooden panels I had and it looked pretty nice. Basically, i tried this to check whether I could retain the existing textures on the wood.
4. Does white patched disappear after applying varnish. - Yes. totally. Cement stains will not go though.
5. What will happen if the bricks are exposed to direct sunlight? - Its only been about 2 weeks since application at my house. So far no issues.
santro

Post by santro »

Thanks Nagzzz.
herezjay

Post by herezjay »

I am looking for a contact to get the chemical wash done on my exposed Wirecut brick wall. My site is near Haralur road. Can anyone please help?

Also my walls have a lot of cement in them as a result of a shabby job done during the slab work. Any ideas to get the cement cleaned will be much appreciated.
herezjay

Post by herezjay »

herezjay wrote:I am looking for a contact to get the chemical wash done on my exposed Wirecut brick wall. My site is near Haralur road. Can anyone please help?

Also my walls have a lot of cement in them as a result of a shabby job done during the slab work. Any ideas to get the cement cleaned will be much appreciated.

Bid apps, Nagzz, Girish,

Any help with the contact for chemical wash would be much appreciated.
herezjay

Post by herezjay »

Can anyone help with contact persons who can take care of exposed Wirecut brick cleaning and pointing please? I have around 500 SFT of area to be cleaned.
nagzzz

Post by nagzzz »

I do not recommend chemical/ acid wash. I got it done two years back. results didnt impress me after a year. its better to just use red oxide and cover it up.
i do not have the contacts anymore. but you can find many contacts on olx/ just dial.
herezjay

Post by herezjay »

Nagzzz, thanks for your reply. Can you please elaborate on what's the result after 2 years? I just tried a sample on one wall. It came out to be decent though the grooves are not as deep as we wanted. He is charging Rs. 20psft including material and pointing. I feel it's a bit on the higher side but have no option.
Visualizer

Re: chemical/ Acid used for wire cut brick cleaning and procedur

Post by Visualizer »

Very informative thread.
The finish planned on 3 visible sides of mu under construction home is also exposed bricks. Columns and slabs will be exposed concrete. Internal walls and walls at the back will be of solid blocks
As the exposed brickwalls are not load bearing
Seeing the spilling problems brickwork will be done in the end after roofs , block masonry plaster everything is complete.

Any idea about type of brick is best for this kind of finish?
I have seen kerala bricks (fully solid) , wiire cut bricks with 3 holes vertically and a brick with 4 hollow sections horizontally.
All in 9x4x3 size , not interested in bigger hollow bricks as purpose of exposed brick masanory is to give classic look.

Return to “Civil Construction”