scaffolding for UPVC

girishd

Re: scaffolding for UPVC

Post by girishd »

Definitely sounds like daylight robbery.

I know that the plastering folks do scaffolding at rate of 4 rupees/sft - labour. Try talking to him on those lines..
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Scaffolding for fixing upvc windows will be done after external plastering .Its kind of tricky job.Generally bamboo needs to be inserted in to wall for holding it at that ht .So masons remove scaffolding from top as they finish plastering closing the holes in the walls.
Now with no holes in walls ,bamboos need to be tied with grills or some other strong holds.Grills are ruled out since windows need to be fixed.
You cannot shift scaffolding from one window to other since the upvc will be fixing 5-10 windows in a day itself. Scaffolding can be out sourced to upvc guys or centring or painting contractors at lesser price.
Other way is to hire metal scafolding for a week that can be fabricated and dismantled easily. 50k is too expensive and the mason is surely taking you for ride.

Fixing upvc windows out side is always a maintenance issue .Changing or cleaning a glass in future is nightmare .

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
mudude12

Post by mudude12 »

i don't know about upvc but i went with aluminium (3 track) windows. The fabricators finished the job in just four days and didnt require any scaffolding at all. They lowered the frames on the outside using ropes and tightened the screws from inside.

As far as plumbing goes, they did all the outside work on the jula i.e. on the rope. So did the painter. It looks scary though.
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

thank you praveen and mudude12 for your inputs.Will check with the upvc guys.
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

mudude12, could i ask you which brand of aluminium windows have u chosen and at what rate.If possible could you post some pics.Were the windows factory fabricated or were they fabricated on your site?

Praveen, can i ask you since you have experience in the industry, has the aluminium window profiles by reputed brands like jindal been updated to match the upvc profiles?

Also if anyone has contact numbers of steel scaffolding hire, kindly reply back.
mudude12

Post by mudude12 »

I bought Jindal Aluminum from JC road and got it fabricated on the site itself. It came up roughly around 250/- per sqft overall. Previously i had received quotes from many fabricators around Rs 240/-
aries31

Post by aries31 »

we installed all our UPVC windows (and steel grill oustide) without scaffoldings - all were installed from inside the building standing on the floor ... is that not possible?
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

hi aries31,
We have already got our grills fixed on the inside so now there is no option, we need to get the upvc fixed outside... :(
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

ours also the grills were inside, but when doing the plastering, our folks had kept some holes in the walls to keep the scaffolding and later (very much later actually), they filled all that in and cleaned up the plastering both inside and outside. I thought that looked decently stable.
bala4034

Post by bala4034 »

I am also looking for a Aluminium Window Fabricator who is able to make the product in high quality with a professional approach,
may be with automated factory facilities.
expect quick reply.

Return to “Civil Construction”