Contractor required

manju123

Contractor required

Post by manju123 »

Hi all

We want construction house in Narayanagar 2nd block near doddkalasandra. can anybody give good and reliable contractor details to get quotation. The built up area is around 3500sqft.

And which option is good among below
1.Per sqft contract
2.BOQ wise contract

Regards
Manju
pgurunayak

Re: Contractor required

Post by pgurunayak »

Hi Manju123,
If you like , you can have a chat with my contractor ,
Name -Mukhtar ,9886157881.
He is currently constructing my house in RR nagar and i am satisfied with his work.
Please meet as much contractor, for that you can have a help from this forum , and go ahead with the most suitable for you.
(Please note --I am not marketing any one here , but just providing information.)
Best of luck.
Regards
PPG
manju123

urgent!!!! Contractor required

Post by manju123 »

Hi Friends

please refer if somebody is constructing in that area. Please send me pm if you want.

Regards
Manjunath
girishd

Post by girishd »

Manju,

You can speak to Gopal (7676277763). He is currently working on my project (6300 sft) which is pretty much done on structure portion. I am reasonably happy with his work. If needed you can have a look at my site near Jambu Savari Dinne @J P Nagar 8th Phase. PM me for details.

I had to fire my first contractor due to pathetic quality and undo some of the work he did. The project recovered after I hired Gopal.
shivashashi

Post by shivashashi »

Hi, you can also check with my contractor. He is constructing my house and has already completed my friend's house. You can just take a quotation and then decide on that. Do not hurry in choosing the contractor. Take ur own time, meet and talk to multiple contractors before you decide. For your convenience, I will also give my contractor phone number. You can contact him at 7204829637.

Also, I have given the contract for a lump-sum amount. Because, I have heard contractors cheating the owners in sq/ft calculations.
mcneha

Post by mcneha »

Hi manju123!

I am residing close to Narayananagar. Though I am a civil engineer with vast experience, I don't do contract works. Instead I work on actual cost basis wherein I charge some % as my charges for:

1. Co-ordination with the architects, owners and labour contractors.

2. Arrangement of all labour agencies like: a.Labour contractor for masonry works including centering & barbending, b.Carpenter for joinery, c.Granite & tile layer, d.Painter, e.Plumber, d.Electrical Contractors etc., In any situation, if quality of workmanship is not satisfactory, the labour agency shall be changed smoothly.

3. Arrangement of all materials required for day to day works. Any material can be supplied by the owner too.

4. Supervision and execution of all the works like turn-key contracts.

I have executed few important buildings(If I personally name them, you will definitely know them)in bangalore.

Regards.

CHANDRASEKAR
gca.bangalore@yahoo.com
shivashashi

Post by shivashashi »

Hi, the contractor who is constructing my house is charging 1,40,000/-. Compare and negotiate before you choose contractors.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi ,
I request members to refer their contractors on proper confidence gained by themselves and do share your material specifications along with price quoted.If you observe the pattern in which most of the contractor reference happening are 95% ( under or just started construction ) & only 5% (fully completed or just finishing)
I request the other members to analyse / observe and take proper feed back from on going constructing owners. Never go just by price quotes in forum.
This post is not specific or to doubt some one but to keep new comers cautious about contractors/ material or any other services

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
vijaykumarthapa

Post by vijaykumarthapa »

I Agree with Praveen (never go with price), lesser the price, poorer quality work), I am constructing my house in Kengeri and am very much happy with the work my Mason has done. I am done with structure construction and am gonna start with external plastering. I have given him labor contract and he is good. If you want you can check with him as well.
Name : Mani
Phone no: 9964055359
shivashashi

Post by shivashashi »

Even I agree with you people. Initially, I was worried, as the price was on the lower side. I spoke to him about this and he gave me a valid convincing reason by telling, they have their own steel and cement shop. They are one of the distributors of astral plumbing materials. Also, his brother has brick factory in bagalur. That is the reason they able construct at this price. However, these are not the reason for giving material contract to this fellow. The only reason was, the contractor has already constructed my friend's house and my friend is completely satisfied with the work. It is through his reference, I am convinced. I have also heard, contractors do make 30 to 40 percent profit. I hope and wish my contractor is not so greedy. So, I suggest everybody to talk to multiple contractors and take quotations before they decide on it.

Return to “Civil Construction”