Working Plan for 30*40 north facing site

hegde19

Working Plan for 30*40 north facing site

Post by hegde19 »

Hi,

I am in the process of finalizing working plan for my house. My site is a NW facing 30*40 site and when I consulted Architects they suggested I go with either north or west based on whichever is the prominent one. We decided to consider as North and arrived at the plan attached. I am yet to take approval for the same and then go for loan.

Please review and suggest any modifications if needed to the plan.
Ground Floor:
ground.jpg
First Floor:
first.jpg
Terrace Floor:
terrace.jpg
Santosh
santro

Re: Working Plan for 30*40 north facing site

Post by santro »

Following are the observations.

Gnd floor
1. Pooja room depth (1.6ft) is too small to place idols. You can increase it or it can be placed in garden space corner, if you are building high wall with grill at east side.

FF
1. Master Bathroom is in SE which is against Vastu.
2. With skylight in terrace, the open space can be reduced in FF which will increase the space at bedroom entry.
3. Try to avoid square bathroom (6.3"x7") in 2nd bedroom as you will loose lot of space.
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

Plan looks awsome but i am surprised as there are only 11 colums and 12 column is missing ? if i see it correct then teh 12 column must be next to the entrance of bedroom of GF.If this is true then it will be bang in the middle of bedrrom of FF.

Suggestions:

1)Make the garden to be a utility and add 1'6'' to the house by which pooja and bedroom/kitchen can be made bigger .
2)The passage from living to dining is making me uncomfortable as i beleive its
smaller.
3)large openinh in dining is a fancy for only few days and later its a waste of space and especially if you have kids its dangerous.
hegde19

Post by hegde19 »

Santro, thanks for the valuable inputs. Please see my concerns for the points -
santro wrote:Following are the observations.

Gnd floor
1. Pooja room depth (1.6ft) is too small to place idols. You can increase it or it can be placed in garden space corner, if you are building high wall with grill at east side.
[Santosh: Initially Pooja room was designed with bigger space, but we redesigned it like this. This is an intentional design]
FF
1. Master Bathroom is in SE which is against Vastu.
[Santosh: Since site is NW facing there was no way we could plan a feasible solution without wasting space and with all requirements. So we had to consider it as North Facing and plan it accordingly. So if you take road in the north, the M.Bed Room comes in SW which is the desirable according to Vastu.]
2. With skylight in terrace, the open space can be reduced in FF which will increase the space at bedroom entry.
[Santosh: Good Suggestion, I will think about this, also, we wanted to keep the terrace open, so that it could be used for multipurpose.]
3. Try to avoid square bathroom (6.3"x7") in 2nd bedroom as you will loose lot of space.
[Santosh: I checked this point with architect and he said with walk-in wardrobe in place this can not be altered, and as-such, I am happy with the size of the second bedroom in FF]
Regards,
Santosh
hegde19

Post by hegde19 »

Hi ausraja,

Are you saying this from common sense perspective or do you have structural knowledge? I do not have idea about this and this was given by an architect. It will help me to go back to the architect if someone with structural knowledge can confirm if the 12th Column as suggested by ausraja is required.
ausraja wrote:Plan looks awsome but i am surprised as there are only 11 colums and 12 column is missing ? if i see it correct then teh 12 column must be next to the entrance of bedroom of GF.If this is true then it will be bang in the middle of bedrrom of FF.

Suggestions:

1)Make the garden to be a utility and add 1'6'' to the house by which pooja and bedroom/kitchen can be made bigger .
[Santosh: Good suggestion, but a small garden was one of our requirement and we really wanted to accommodate it some how, and this was the best we could do, afterall, this will be something that will give some kind of relief from your tired daily routine!!]
2)The passage from living to dining is making me uncomfortable as i beleive its
smaller.
[Santosh: if you see, the wall there near the entry door is just 1.5 feet, so in case if I see that the space is smaller I can always remove it without any structural issues.]
3)large openinh in dining is a fancy for only few days and later its a waste of space and especially if you have kids its dangerous.
Chida_gs

Post by Chida_gs »

Hi,

As per vastu Kitchen should be in SE only, We should never consider a Bedroom. SE place is "Agni" moola, so Sleeping in the Agni moola is not suggestable.

You can Interchange the Kitchen with Master Bedroom for the same dimension. This should not be a Problem. Since it is Duplex house. You can compromise in the Ground Floor for Kitchen atleast. Make Pooja Room little Bigger by reducing the Space in Dining Hall. People will point out these things when the Construction is completed. You should not regret later for this.

FF plan is ok considering the Space. In the Terrace you are planned for Washing Machine & Manual Washing, Ensure it should be Covered with some roof.
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

I am a engineer but have left the profession.

Civil engineer will say u need one but an architect may say that the plan is final,This will force the engineer to design in ways leaving his traditional ways of planning , which needs advanced skills of engineering(35 to 60 number pass graduates cant do it and neither can the so called engineers who are just drafts men sitting opening a shop calling themself as gurus).

I am not scaring you but make sure u have a good architect/engineer who can also be knowing structure do the planning and design followed by taking responsibility of that being executed on the site.Dont compromise on that extra $$$ for the architect/engineer.
shan3377

Post by shan3377 »

Hi Santosh

have you got the pillar problem corrected ?
hegde19

Post by hegde19 »

shan3377 wrote:Hi Santosh

have you got the pillar problem corrected ?
Not yet, I am yet to contact my architect.. I think it should not be an issue as the wall below is 9" think wall which can bear the load.. But I am not the expert, I am planning to contact the architect next week.. I will post his comments when I get any.. Till then any experts here can comment.

Santosh
Ravi h.g.

Post by Ravi h.g. »

Hi Santhosh,

your architect will give 2 big columns and a big beam if its only 11 columns. what it means is more steel, more concrete etc.

regards,
ravindra kumar hg

Return to “Civil Construction”