Sanction plan for my residence

ravivasudeva

Sanction plan for my residence

Post by ravivasudeva »

It’s time for the sanction plan approval and I approached my contactor to help me find the right person. He introduced me to a BBMP registered engineer and below are the things we did so far.

1. Explained him about my working plan, we discussed how the sanction plan would look like and the steps involved for approval. My questions on bylaws got clarified.
2. He explained me the breakdown of his fees, BBMP DD charges and bribing the officials.
His fees is 10k for completing the sanction plan, uploading the plan on BBM website and preparing all the documents. Also included is the estimate for bank loan. I agreed for 10k.
3. He said that BBMP Bommanahalli can’t comprise on bribe and they expect atleast 15 to 18k as bribe. I was unwilling to pay bribe, sanctioning plan comes under Sakala scheme. He too agreed on Sakala but warned me that I may have to visit BBMP Bommanahalli office 3 to 7 times. I was ok with this.
4. Since I would go with Sakala, he said that all documents needs to be precise without any mistakes. Further he visited my site to capture these data with my contactor.
Dimension of site
Width of road
Position of electric pole
Water and Sewage pipeline location.
Locality map
5. Next, we discussed how the sanction plan would look like and how it differs from Working plan. This is very important stage considering the following parameters.
a. Would you go with deviation and or illegal construction
b. Future construction plans (if any)
c. How much the BBMP DD charges comes to
d. How many kitchen and car parking are needed
e. Bribe increases with number of units

Working plan is as below
GF – 2 car parking + 2 BKH house
FF – Duplex house
SS – Duplex house continued + 1 BHK house

Sanction plan would be done this way
Stilt - Parking for 2 cars
GF and FF – Duplex house
SS – 2 BHK house

Confirmed below points as well.

a. The approved plan is valid for 2 years only.

b. BESCOM connections can be taken for 3 units and additional 1 for water motor, though the sanction plan says 2 units only.

c. When the construction commences till plinth level, the owner has to apply for commencement certificate and after completion should apply for Occupancy certificate provided the construction is done as per Sanction plan (only 5% deviation allowed) Naturally I would not be applying these :(

I will keep you all updated what happens next week. Right now waiting for Sanction plan to be ready, also waiting for Khata Certificate and Khata Extract which I applied this week.
krishnakumar

Re: Sanction plan for my residence

Post by krishnakumar »

Hi Ravi

I am also in a similar stage and want to go for plan approval.
As per your post drawing plus bribe comes to 20-25k. What are the other amounts that we will need to pay?

I have two queries as per posts below. In case you have some info could you please let me know. Thanks.
http://www.mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5950
http://www.mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5920

Thanks
Krishna
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

Hi Krishna,

Your understanding on Khata certificate and Extract is correct, i guess latest is not required (even then please apply again and keep it ready before you start sanction as it costs 125 rupees and takes a week time only)

How much it costs for plan approval? It depends on your Sanction plan, construction area, dimension of site and road width. There would be various DD charges like Labor cess, road cutting charges (depending on the road width) and BBMP plan approval charges. This can be derived only once you approach a BBMP registered engineer. For your estimate, i am attaching a document (BBMP calculations is in meters not feet). I will let you know my charges once i finish the sanction plan.

BBMP registered engineer can take anywhere from 4k to 8k to prepare sanction plan.
Bribe can be anywhere from 12k to 18k (this is directly related to amount of DD charges you pay) - around 20% of all the DD charges.
Attachments
rates for plan sanction_CC.pdf
BBMP rates for plan sanction
(44.6 KiB) Downloaded 810 times
Vepa

Post by Vepa »

Hi Ravi,

Thank you very much for starting this thread. what is your plot size?

I too have just started working on my plan.Mine is a 30x40 (A Khata) site. I am planning to construct
GF- 2 car parks & 1BHK
1F - 2BHK
2F - 1BHK (Later if possible I want to extend 2F and 3F as a douplex)

I have below list of questions in mind when I came to know the BBMP building plan rules
1) Since there will be deviations in working plan and the sanctioned plan, what is the impact of this deviation when getting the loan approval. I already have a composite loan from AXIS bank. When I called up the Axis bank personnel, they told there were scenarios where the disbursement was stopped in such cases. I am not decided how to proceed since it is very difficult to construct as per the sanctioned plan.Does any body already have a AXIS bank home loan?

2) At present I am planning to get the plan approval for GF and FF. Later I want to apply again may be after 4-5 years for the extension (Because of the cash crunch now :( ).But the architect is telling that it is very very difficult to get the plan extension as the building constructed until then will be violating the sanctioned plan.

Could anyone please advise on this.

Thanks
Phani
amachismo

Post by amachismo »

Hi ravivasudeva

My advice is to get working plan finalized(something close to your final plan) from your architects give the same to BBMP registered guy , then all he will do is shrink it to some extent make few changes here and there and approve it . This will ensure there is no large deviation from what you gona build . This helps in future too for home loan and other things .
I did the same way .

Arun
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

Vepa wrote:Hi Ravi,

Thank you very much for starting this thread. what is your plot size?

I too have just started working on my plan.Mine is a 30x40 (A Khata) site. I am planning to construct
GF- 2 car parks & 1BHK
1F - 2BHK
2F - 1BHK (Later if possible I want to extend 2F and 3F as a douplex)

I have below list of questions in mind when I came to know the BBMP building plan rules
1) Since there will be deviations in working plan and the sanctioned plan, what is the impact of this deviation when getting the loan approval. I already have a composite loan from AXIS bank. When I called up the Axis bank personnel, they told there were scenarios where the disbursement was stopped in such cases. I am not decided how to proceed since it is very difficult to construct as per the sanctioned plan.Does any body already have a AXIS bank home loan?

2) At present I am planning to get the plan approval for GF and FF. Later I want to apply again may be after 4-5 years for the extension (Because of the cash crunch now :( ).But the architect is telling that it is very very difficult to get the plan extension as the building constructed until then will be violating the sanctioned plan.

Could anyone please advise on this.

Thanks
Phani

Hi Phani,
You have valid questions, bank is concerned only about the sanction plan and not working plan. Estimate and loan are based on sanction plan only. If the house has a major deviation then bank has reasons to question. In my case i would be building 2BHK house in the area which is shown as stilt in sanction plan and this is the only deviation for me. I will talk with bank manager about it.

About your 2nd question, all architects have same opinion for various reasons. Approach a BBMP registered engineers and discuss with them. Most of them don't ask you money straightaway, so feel free to approach them. My engineer advised me to get the sanction for maximum floors i can build which is valid for 2 years, rest of the floor can be build later with your own money (no bank loan i guess). If the BBMP engineer questions why you constructing after say 5 years, bribe them saying you didn't had money during initial phase, so you building now. They would keep quiet. But if you don't do this now, then make sure the sanction plan and your working plan match so that when you go for extension plan approval and another round of loan, problems don't happen.
krishnakumar

Post by krishnakumar »

Hi Phani

Even I am looking for info about 1. So not sure.
But for 2 I was told it is better to get approval for all units now. It may cost slightly more but in the long run it will be helpful. Getting approval for additional units will be difficult but i was told that just renewing the approval that you already got will be easier.

Thanks
Krishna
krishnakumar

Post by krishnakumar »

Hi Ravi

What about built up area in other floors? Will you be providing full setbacks as required? In my case for now I am only deviating in setbacks on 2 sides but due to this there will be difference between approved and sanctioned plans.
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

amachismo wrote:Hi ravivasudeva

My advice is to get working plan finalized(something close to your final plan) from your architects give the same to BBMP registered guy , then all he will do is shrink it to some extent make few changes here and there and approve it . This will ensure there is no large deviation from what you gona build . This helps in future too for home loan and other things .
I did the same way .

Arun
Hi Arun,
Yes, i tried to do same initially but i will never be able to construct 3rd floor later on. As the BBMP engg says, if there is no stilt parking, then i am entitled for GF, FF and SF only.
But i want an option to build TF, so i went with Stilt, GF, FF, SF.
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

krishnakumar wrote:Hi Ravi

What about built up area in other floors? Will you be providing full setbacks as required? In my case for now I am only deviating in setbacks on 2 sides but due to this there will be difference between approved and sanctioned plans.
Hi Krishna,

I am providing setbacks on all sides but not to the extent the bylaws says (I will waste so much space otherwise). If you neighbor didn't leave any setback, you too don't leave. If you expect your neighbor to leave setback, then you leave as well.

Return to “Civil Construction”