Estimate cost for house completion

pribaaji

Estimate cost for house completion

Post by pribaaji »

Hello everybody,

This forum has been very helpful for understanding the dos and donts during construction as well as the current rates and contacts. Thank you to all the members for making this forum so informative. We are constructing a 33squares building on 30×40 site.Have given it on labour contract at 27k/chadra(100 sq ft).This includes complete civil construction with earthing without any clauses.We are building GF : 2 car park with 1bhk, FF: 2bhk, SF:2bhk.I wanted to know the average estimated cost for the completion of a building of this size considering the materials used are, sand tirchy, table mold bricks, cement ramco, steel indus, vetrified tiles, wood honne, upvc windows and other material in the medium slot. Kindly help me understand the average cost involved.We have estimated around 60lakhs.Is this a fair estimate or on the lower side.Kindly help.

Thank You.
Chandu

Re: Estimate cost for house completion

Post by Chandu »

Your estimate is good , plan additional 4 lakhs for buffer !
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Initial Estimations are always on conservative side. But be prepared to shell out up to 25% more than your initial estimation.
Some of the reasons are escalation of material prices abruptly(say steel, Cement, sand, Wood), labor cost, frequent changes during
the implementation in terms of change in designs, change/better materials preference especially when it comes to interiors
and in many cases you may hear surprises from the labor contractor like this work does not comes under the standard work
agreement, will be charged extra.......etc.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi pribaaji
60 lac is good for only building work.You need to add
3 lac - borewel
2 lac - liasoning fees
2 lac - Bescom and Bwssb fee /bribes/connection cost
These may go up or down based on practical conditions

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
www.ardesarchitects.com
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

thank you very much for the reply.
hkrish

Post by hkrish »

Pribaaji,
I think the estimate may be on the higher side.. Or please educate if im missing something.

For G+2 on 30 * 40 i suppose it will be totally 936 sft on 1st and 2nd floor (26 ft *36 ft) and 700 sft on Ground floor ( 936 sft minus 2 car park).
So totally it will be 936*2+700 = 2572 sft. of built up area maxium.

Now 2572 sft * 2000 Rs.psft = 51.4 lacs, assuming 2000 Rs.psft which is the maxium possible now with red-brick and pillar,column construction.
So you estimate of 60 lacs is little costly.

Regards
Hkrish
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

thank you hkrish....hopefully your estimate comes true....we will be very happy :)
basha_skj

Post by basha_skj »

I agree with hkrish, you can construct a good g+2 house with arround 50lac budget with labour contract.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

HI HKrish,
33squares = 3300 sft * 1600 = 53 lac approx , you cannot deduct the car parking as zero or not even 50% because it has roof slab,plastering for columns , flooring , sumps etc..
You need to add extra cost of parapet wall, compound wall , gate and sumps.In case of labor contract assume you can save max 10% .On this costing nothing more is possible because you wont be compromising on the quality to increase savings .
1600/= per sft is a decent mid range quality .

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
www.ardesarchitects.com
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

Hello everybody,

Thank you all the members for valuable suggestions and opinions.As i had started this thread at the start of our construction, wanted to update the members who gave estimation for my construction.As almost all of you had suggested 5lakh buffer above 60lakh did help.We completed our house at approximately 66lakhs, and this include everything from plan approvals,borewell at 1200ft, motors, permanent conn, etc etc...I am attaching the front elevation of our house.Really happy.Thank you...

Balaji.
Attachments
OM, front elevation
OM, front elevation

Return to “Civil Construction”