house floor plan :Review

bsat

house floor plan :Review

Post by bsat »

Hi All,

I am planning to build a house on a 30x50 plot. Please review the Floor plan and let me know the suggestions. The description of the plan is below. The Facing of the plot is north-east (skew plot).
The floor plan attached has a) Ground Floor Plan b) First floor plan c) Second floor plan. First and second floor is duplex for our use, where as Ground floor will be stilt with car parking at present. In future want to plan to build ground for 2/1bhk 2 car parking and 2bhk at top floor. So the requirement for two stair case arises one for our use and the other for external usage.
My query is that is this option feasible considering the construction structural dynamics, as we need two stair case(1 internal,1external), budget,time, multi-contractor so on. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,
bsat
Attachments
ALL_FF.pdf
Review my floor plan
(413.91 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
baruc2003

Re: house floor plan :Review

Post by baruc2003 »

Hi bsat,
I see in ground floor that one of the bathroom is not adjacent to the exterior wall. You would have plumbing and exhaust issues in such cases. You need to make a duct for the exhaust fan. Instead you can try to put the bathroom towards exterior wall.
Thanks,
Bharath
parkom

Post by parkom »

I wouldn't comment on the overall plan as it would surely have your approval to have gotten to this stage. One observation though: I see that you would have pass through the 1st floor bedroom to get to any part of the house on either of the higher floors; are you okay with that?
All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on....
bsat

Post by bsat »

Thanks Bharath for the pointing me the valid corrections relating to GF Bathroom. I'll redo as suggested.

Hi parkom, Thanks for the bringing up the point regarding the pass through till Bedroom, but the things considered while planing the floor plan are Privacy, easy to communicate with the inmates, and based of my requirements of type and size of rooms. But as pointed i didn't think in your lines. Also there is external stair that we can use directly to go to the second floor.Can any one suggest the alternative modification/good suggestion to this.

Thanks,
bsat
Ravi h.g.

Post by Ravi h.g. »

Hi Bsat,

Plan looks good.

following are my observations

GROUND FLOOR:

1. IF you can shift your bedroom which is in south east to north west --behind stairs, because there is provision for attached toilet space

2. push your present kitchen to south east.

3. you can remove common bath and you can utilise that space for say pooja or storage space etc.

4. extend your stair up to the edge of the property.

FIRST FLOOR

1. north side, you have set back of 2'8". better to extend your balcony fully so that you can increase your living area.

2. if you open the north Main door, one can see up to Master Bedroom, instead shift your main door bit more to north of north east, so that u can have more privacy.

3.coming to your internal staircase, if you can shift UP position next to bathroom side, u get more space below stairs, that one can use for master bedroom attached toilet cum walk in wardrobe. so, one can increase your kitchen, kitchen utility to full south east and have an open 4 feet utility.

4. coming to 2 stairs...it takes too much space, instead ground floor let it be same, first floor --have 2 spacious single bedrooms, second floor you have duplex and convert your external stair into internal stair. in this case, ground & first floor people wont have any access to terrace. it will be only for you.

all the best

regards,
ravindra kumar hg

Return to “Civil Construction”