Bought Robo sand from Robo silicon

baruc2003

Bought Robo sand from Robo silicon

Post by baruc2003 »

Hi all,
I Have started construction a month back and now in the plinth stage. I bought a load of Robo sand from Robo Silicon today. It arrived around 2 A.M. in the night and a mason was there to unload it there. I had ordered 21 tons and they said it would come in a 6 wheeler. Today around 11 A.M, I went to the site to have a look at the quality. I was disappointed with it. It had more fine powder(dust) than sand like stones pebbles. I am now confused whether to use it for plinth. Please have a look at it below.
http://s25.postimg.org/62q6vxoj3/sand_1.jpg
http://s25.postimg.org/o6t7gkm7j/sand2.jpg
As you can see more powder than stones. Please advice me whether I can go for this or not.
Regards,
bharath
vijaykumarthapa

Re: Bought Robo sand from Robo silicon

Post by vijaykumarthapa »

Hi Bharath,

My request, please do not use it. You need to use at least Ramnagaram sand for footing, and plinth or any other sand.
Do not use Robo sand. You can visit my site (kengeri) to check quality of sand (ramnagaram & hole narsipura sand) if you wish.

Thanks
Vijay Thapa
baruc2003

Post by baruc2003 »

hi VijayKumar,
Thanks for your advice. I would check your sand soon. Please ping me your contact details.
Thanks,
Bharath
nagzzz

Post by nagzzz »

My view.
Do not let any construction material delivery in the night, whatever the urgency may be. Any person who tries to deliver in the night is sure to be a cheat. You could use a mix of River sand and Robo sand for plinth and moulding, depending on the quality.
baruc2003

Post by baruc2003 »

I Agree with you Nagzz. He was insisting to deliver at night saying they cannot carry much load at night and all those.. thanks for your reply ..
sreekbda

Post by sreekbda »

This is how it looks. yes... lots of powder with small pebbles in it.

Did you get a invoice? if yes, you should be able to use it for all concrete and brick work.
pkumar78

Post by pkumar78 »

@bharath, How much you paid ?

Few months back when there was strike I visited a construction site near Nagavara where ROBO sand was used. I felt same as Bharath. When I enquired with mason he told me it is not suitable for construction. He also advised since there is a scarcity of river sand you can mix robo sand with river sand for pillar construction.

Guys, if you have used ROBO sand please share your experience.
baruc2003

Post by baruc2003 »

Hi kumar, I paid 850 per ton plus 5.5% tax extra. I tried making a concrete lump with that and cured last night. It's now hard and satisfactory. Still somehow I'm not convinced so will use this up for plinth and would never buy that again.
Thanks,
Bharath
meharnath

Post by meharnath »

Hi,
I am a civil engineer by profession. Looking at the pictures it seems o.k for consumption in concrete.
They may supply a very good quality for the first time and later they may give a bad quality.

So as to double confirm. Take a sample of 3 bags of 25kgs each to CIVIL AID lab in banashankari II stage, and they will confirm whether this fine aggregate confirms to CLASS II for usage in concrete works. Don't use river sand. Save your pocket and also the environment.

Use only M.Sand for these purposes.

1. Foundation SSM
2. Foundation Concrete.
3. All concrete works.
4. Flooring concrete.
5. Any other screed concrete.
dream_home

Post by dream_home »

hi,
i have used Robo sand throughout for 4000 sqft 3 floor construction right from footing/plinth/pillar/mould/block work. For plastering alone i am using river sand. The strength is excellent. right from 2nd day, you will not see any water dropping from the mould after ponding.

Return to “Civil Construction”