ROBO sand

anirusan

ROBO sand

Post by anirusan »

Hello

Have been hearing a bit and have read about ROBO or manufactured sand in some forums here too.
But, would like to hear reviews or experience of using this from first hand users.

How reliable is this ROBO sand compared to the strength of conventional natural sand?
Kindly advise the pros and cons of using this for construction.

Thanks and Rgds
AA
sreekbda

Re: ROBO sand

Post by sreekbda »

anirusan

Post by anirusan »

Thanks for the links and its a good initiative by the government to curb sand mining.
I too, being an environment conscious citizen, support this move.
But, manufactured sand being a fairly new product, I am not really very sure of the long term qualities of it.

If a building is completely constructed using ROBO sand its fine but if an existing building is expanded with say 2 floors on top using ROBO sand, will the lower wall's bear the load? I have heard that plastering with ROBO sand doesn't give the same finish and texture and finish as regular sand.

And how much can one save by using ROBO sand compared to natural sand?

Rgds
manandi

Post by manandi »

I'm not getting the dealer who can supply Robo sand in Bangalore. Finally somehow able to manage one reference but not getting any respone or interest in taking business.
sreekbda

Post by sreekbda »

ROBO sand is nothing but granite dust. Any supplier of construction material (i.e. bricks, jalli, size stones etc.) can either supply themselves or provide a contact who can supply. Probably you are asking for "Robo Sand" which they haven't understood. Just ask for quarry dust or granite dust.
sreekbda

Post by sreekbda »

I have heard that in kerala only M-Sand is used because natural sand is not available commercially. Is this true?
jult

Post by jult »

Dear sreekbda,

as mentioned by your they are manufacured by using. VSI( vertical shaft impactor). generally wht ever your self getting from other crusher wont meet the technical requirement. Please get a technical guidance from the expert before using it.Rs. It cost 36 /cft
MNRS

Post by MNRS »

Robo sand will be supplied by the Manufacture and it will be supplied from Ramanagaram.

So you can check the ROBO sand website and contact the manufacturers directly.
sreekbda

Post by sreekbda »

Thanks Jult & MNRS for correcting me. I was under the impression that granite dust is itself robo sand.

So you are talking about this company right?: http://www.robo.co.in/contactus.htm

Are there any other vendors? Do we just call them and order or we have to go there...?
VENKATCAD

Post by VENKATCAD »

Hi where i can find ROBO SAND DEALERS IN Ramamurthy nagar, Bangalore as we are constructing a house.

Return to “Civil Construction”