RedOxide Flooring

vikramgururaj

RedOxide Flooring

Post by vikramgururaj »

Hello All,

I know this is an outdated type of flooring which has lost its sheen these days. Other than the "Outdated word" are there any drawbacks for the Redoxide flooring? Everyone these days are talking about Vitrified, Marble, Granite flooring but this type of flooring seems to be dying out.

Does it make sense to go for redoxide flooring these days as well? I have grown up in houses with Redoxide flooring and I very much like it.

Its not the question of saving cost, but i want to give a traditional look to my house.
Chandu

Re: RedOxide Flooring

Post by Chandu »

I like your feelings :-)
I personally don't see anything wrong in that. Go ahead and live your dream.
May be once in 10 yrs you have to do re-work , cos of holes and scratches - which are more visible . Mason also should be properly skilled.
Shiny,rich looks ,status is why people jump into Marble/Granite ( which are much cold during winter - may have health issues for few)
kpb2308

Post by kpb2308 »

We wanted to consider redoxide flooring for our house, but were discouraged due to lack of labor/expertise. Both the architect and contractor did not know if any one would do such flooring today. It is not only about having someone lay the floor. It should be laid properly, else I believe the color starts coming off in a few days. Hence had to go with vitrified.
prem_shankar

Post by prem_shankar »

vikramgururaj wrote:Hello All,

I know this is an outdated type of flooring which has lost its sheen these days. Other than the "Outdated word" are there any drawbacks for the Redoxide flooring? Everyone these days are talking about Vitrified, Marble, Granite flooring but this type of flooring seems to be dying out.

Does it make sense to go for redoxide flooring these days as well? I have grown up in houses with Redoxide flooring and I very much like it.

Its not the question of saving cost, but i want to give a traditional look to my house.
This link might be of some help to decide: http://sathyaconsultants.wordpress.com/?s=red+oxide
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

We had requested it as well. I was told the material is not the same quality that used to be available a few years back, so you will not get the same sheen and nice look with it.
Smithaau

Post by Smithaau »

Hi,

We did consider this for the flooring of our house. We were told that the expertise is lacking in labors now. the red oxide needs to be mixed with cement and spread evenly. People who are not skilled working on this might lead to uneven floor, cracking and bleaching in patches. So we went ahead and ordered red oxide look alike tiles from Bharat Floorings (www.bharatflooring.com). They are experts in heritage tiles that are hand made and machine compressed and the deep red they have resembles red oxide. We are yet to lay these tiles and polish them but we had a look at a house in J P nagar Bangalore and the finish looks very elegant.
Please let me know if you want to have details.
Regards,

Smitha
vikramgururaj

Post by vikramgururaj »

Hi Smitha,

Thanks for the post. It would be great to have more details about it.

Vikram
Smithaau

Post by Smithaau »

Hi,

We have not yet laid the tiles. Once This is done, I will post some pics
Smithaau

Post by Smithaau »

Hi,

There is a sales office on Lalbaug road, close to Urvashi theater in
Bangalore. The sales person incharge is Mr Suresh - 9844053291. We ordered
plain Deep red tiles and Jaisalmer yellow tiles. They costed Rs 70/- per
sft. The tile size is 8inch x 8inch. There are borders and corner tiles as
well which is Rs 95/- per running ft. There are pattern tiles which cost Rs
115/- per sft (for 3 colours). Tax and transportation (from Mumbai) is additional.
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Hi Simtha,

THanks for sharing the information. Please post some picture.

Regards,
Venky

Return to “Civil Construction”