Engineered Quartz

jayadas

Engineered Quartz

Post by jayadas »

HI,
Anyone has used Engineered Quartz for kitchen slab?? If anyone has researched on it already, please share it asap.

Jay
aries31

Re: Engineered Quartz

Post by aries31 »

I was told that engineered quartz slabs are stronger and less porous than natural stone and hence are less prone to discolouration.

However compared to natural stone at R300+ psf, these cost about R1000 psf. It seems.

LG Hausys has such slabs.
jayadas

Post by jayadas »

Finally i bought Engineered Quartz(Kalingastone- Bianco Neve) for 435/sft including VAT.
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Hi,

Can you please share your knowledge on why/how Engineered Quartz is better then Granite/Vitrified tiles?

Regards,
Venky
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

Where did you bought the engineered stone?? . Is it from LG Hausys ???
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Engineered quartz are not same as acrylic solid surfaces (Lg, DuPont,samsung etc brands).
Engineered quartz are mix of marble powder with chemicals to make it hardest and zero porosity slabs.
Acrylic solid slabs are MMA (Methyl Methacrylate)Resin and PMMA (Polymethyl Methacrylate) Resin based.These slabs can be bent in any shape at high temperatures .
Engineered quartz is available in 6'x10' approx slab sizes like granite (Price range 300 - 700/- per sft) ,can be cut and used like granite
Acrylic solid slabs comes in 2'x15' sizes approx, needs special skills to fabricate with hot press etc..

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
jayadas

Post by jayadas »

HI,
I have not used it yet. Just bought Kalinga Stone. Johnson is also has engineered Quartz which is of the same price. The benefit(what what I read) is, its harder than Granite, and has very low porosity(which means minimal stains). They are made with Marble powder and natural quartz(one of the hardest material available on earth).
I wanted to have whitish countertop for my kitchen as per the plan, and engineered quartz was the solution.

Just another note: I did a 'Stain' testing on a small piece of Engineered Quartz. Pasted it with turmeric, black oil from lamp, etc and kept it for 6 hours. After 6 hours I washed it with normal kitchen detergents. Though most of the things vanished, a very very light shade of turmeric was visible on the piece. So donno how good it is really going to be.
sabarishm

Post by sabarishm »

Hi Jayadas,

I happened to visit this thread while searching for options for our kitchen coutertop. I was looking at quartz and saw some models at kalingastone and stonearts.d (koramangala). I just want to know your feedback on your quartz countertop as it had been some time since you had bought it. Can you please post your opinion so it will help me :)

THank you,
Sabarish
sabarishm

Post by sabarishm »

I ended up buying quartz from Kalinga stone. Bought bianca diamante or something like that was the name. I had the solid acrylic also in mind and contacted LG even though my wife was dead against HMAC/Corian. LG guys promised me that they will mail me the details and contact me to show the samples, but that never happened. Hence went with quartz.
sc_new

Post by sc_new »

What is the rate to fix the quartz countertop vs granite countertop in kitchen
I have enquired in Kalinga and agl, the price for fixing, cutting ranges from 10k to 16k for quartz

Return to “Civil Construction”