Buying granite ...

wondercupid

Buying granite ...

Post by wondercupid »

Hi Friends,

Please can you suggest good quality granite for around Rs.70 per sq.ft range and the place where I can buy from? I need to buy about 2000 sq.fts for my house.

Thanks,
WC.
blackstallion76

Re: Buying granite ...

Post by blackstallion76 »

I had been to jigani last week to check granites below Rs.100 psqft. I checked shops like Sheetal Granites, Baba stones, Om Granites and few factory outlet shops.

Few quotations I got as follows: (All 18-20mm thickness, polished but not so smooth)
Adunik Brown - Rs. 80-95
Yellow Paradise - Rs. 80
Cherry Pink - Rs. 90 - 120
Brown Galaxy - Rs. 95-100
Multi - Rs. 80-100
Sahara Brown - Rs. 100-120
Matt finish Marble - Rs. 120-140
Sadarahalli - Rs. 65-95

Transportation: Min 2000-2500 based on distance
Loading charge - Rs.1 psqft
Unloading charge - Rs. 1 psqft
You need to keep around Rs 7-8 psqft extra other than the granite charge. Plus VAT adjustment when buying.

All these are 7x3 slabs. If you are going for large gang saw ones, the rates are higher.
I am in the confusion of going for granite or vitrified.
Vitrified has good grain designs and selection from RAK, NITCO etc.
Quality of granite is an issue unless you are good in granite selection.

others please comment.
wondercupid

Re: Buying granite ...

Post by wondercupid »

Thanks for the details Blackstallion. I am also in the same dilemma, whether to go for granite or vitrified tiles. As per the agreement, the contractor has to lay vitrified tiles of ~Rs.50 per sq.ft. But, I requested him to upgrade it to granite for which he asked me to select a granite of Rs.70 per sq.ft and pay the balance amount (along with the additional laying charges).

As you rightly quoted, the purpose of laying granite will get defeated if we don't choose good quality ones. Any comment from the forum members?

Return to “Civil Construction”