Omega Doors, any experience?

aries31

Re: Omega Doors, any experience?

Post by aries31 »

Hi tja,

I don't think the cost is due to woodgrain finish since plain finish doors (Shakti brand steel) are also in the same range.
arjun.surendra04

Post by arjun.surendra04 »

GI sheets are not meant to be used for door frames. It's not a surprise if they deform or bend. I had a steel frame done from my steel fabricator and then purchased omega door. Omega door use 0.8 mm gi sandwich sheets so I picked it over others who were offering 0.6 mm thickness. So never buy door frame made in GI since sheet thickness used will be less.

Steel frame I think it was 4mm thickness forgot the gauge, is filled with concrete and this is what makes it sturdy. However the concrete settings needs to be done carefully making sure weight of concrete doesn't bend the frame, so filling needs to be done one side at a time with ply support for other side.

The omega doors look ok, since I had both side laminated carpenter had difficult time figuring out front and back side. There is a wood piece given for the key hole area.
tja

Post by tja »

After some thought I have we have decided to go with Teak door and collapsible grill combination. Some wooden panel work will hide the collapsible when its open.
Ready made steel doors has the following problems.
Scratches
Dent
Lock problem if it happens who can fix it? Even though they say they will send executive.

There is a place called Perfect Homes - Kalyan Nagar area. They are providing custom size doors in 24 gauge steel sheets. It is then covered with membrane to given wooden finish. You can choose the lock the that needs to be fitted. Frame cam be made in steel and is filled with concrete just like arjun.surendra has told.

Again only problem is they use a wooden frame and fill it with some kind of foam. The wood quality is very poor :(

But otherwise it looks really good. They deal with some selected piece of ready made multi-locking steel doors too.

Return to “Civil Construction”