Review my 30x40 Building plan

venkyn

Review my 30x40 Building plan

Post by venkyn »

I am uploading my plan to constructio 3 floor on 30x40 site.

a. Is the common bathroom space is efficient, in first floor and second floor.
b. Will it be okay have washing machine in bath room or ground floor.
b. Would the space under the stair case could be used efficiently. I plan to make UPS/Tool Room.
d. How is the living room, will it be spacious.

Please suggest and let me know if have new ideas.

Regartds,
VenkateshN
Attachments
mydnew2.pdf
(28.55 KiB) Downloaded 2506 times
mahendar

Re: Review my 30x40 Building plan

Post by mahendar »

hi friend
how many of u stay in your proposed house..?
sidz2bt

Post by sidz2bt »

Hello Venkatesh,

I looked at your plan. I am also constructing a house on a west facing plot in a 30x40 and i took close to 4 months to get the design right. I still think mine needs more work. I am planning a 2 bhk in the ground floor and a dulplex up top. Your questions were the same i had when i started planning. Here's what i think of your plan.

a) I noticed that your intent the first floor bedroom for your parents. I really feel u need a attached bathroom for parents. In the old age they will be more comfortable with their own place than a common one. I tackled this by providing two doors (one in their bedroom and one in a common area).

And also, i went for separate bathrooms for my room and the kids room in the second floor. My thought behind this is that tomorrow, they need a separate bathroom to finish their morning duties and i don't have to wait for my turn ;).

b) Having the washing machine in the ground floor will be inconvenient IMO. So bathroom will be my best bet. Or the utility if you are planning one.But make sure you keep on the first floor. That's convenient for all.

c) I have seen innovative uses of the staircase space. Mainly for storage. I would recommend you browsing thru Houzz for ideas. I would keep a UPS in a more spacious place than a small cramped up place. That way it will get more ventilation.

d) Living room needs to be more spacious IMO. It will become difficult especially when have guests. I am guessing you are 5 in your family. So calculate if your living is enough for all 5 off you and a additional 2 guests. Cuz that will be the common scenario during weekends. I hope you understand what i mean.

Some more concerns i have....

a) I dont know much about vaastu but i've been told that the kubera mula needs to be where my wardrobe should be.

b) Do you really need a yoga and a theater room? I feel that the place is better utilized if you make both into a single room. I am getting acoustic treatment done to my home theater room so that will be ideal for meditation as well as the absorbers will keep the noise out.

Here is my take on it. I am no expert or something and my thinking might be incorrect. I have just suggested these from what i learnt from my experiences. Cuz building a dream house is a one time thing. Hope this helps.

Cheers.
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

@sidz2bt

Thanks for the inputs.

a. I agree with common bathroom but I am worried about the size, what is the minimum size required, is 4x 7 Ok?
b. Can your pM me acoustic treatment folks contact number.
c. I would be providing a small room for UPS and Tools room in the ground floor. Will 6* 8 OK?

@ Mahendar

I think your question is, why you need so much space for 5 people? :)
Its a dream house and space is required for future purpose.

- Venky
sidz2bt

Post by sidz2bt »

Hello Venky,

Here's my responses.

a. I agree with common bathroom but I am worried about the size, what is the minimum size required, is 4x 7 Ok? 4 X7 is a decent size imo. I have seen apartments with that size and they are pretty comfy. I saw that it helps if you have a more compact sink.
b. Can your pM me acoustic treatment folks contact number. I am an Audio Engineer by profession and i am treating the room on my own. Here's what i am doing. 1) I designed the room as per a acoustic golden ratio which will help in eliminating the standing waves.2) I am making my own absorption panels to absorb the first reflections and 3) I will just use a calibration mic to correct the room after that. That's the plan. i was saving close to 30k which i wuld now spend on the gear. :D I would love to help you out. Feel free to reach out to me.
c. I would be providing a small room for UPS and Tools room in the ground floor. Will 6* 8 OK? Is that 6 X 8?? If yes, then Yes definitely. :)
girishd

Post by girishd »

Venkyn,

Since this seems to be a 4 floor construction, make sure that you are not violating any FAR/building height norms.

I think 4 floors will be 9.6m and you also need to show another internal stairs leading to terrace. If height of that 2.4m is added this will cross the 11.5m max height specified by BBMP. Please check with your architect and if he/she is not very knowledgeable consult some BBMP architect who will help in getting you the exact rules..

In the forum you can search for BBMP Master plan 2015 pdf document and it has all the rules you need to know.
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Hi Girish,

THanks for the infor. I was thinking that we can build ground Plus three floors. where ground will be parking and rest will be duplex. I will check it with my architect.

-Venky
sunildn

Post by sunildn »

Hello All,

I am also planning to start construction of my house on my 30x40 west facing site. I am planning to have ground floor 3 car parking + single bedroom house, first & second floor duplex with 4 bedrooms. My requirement is to have a good size of living room and mater bedroom. I have thought of 2 plans and one is as per vasthu but, not able to achieve my requirement. Another one is good but need to check on basic vasthu. I have uploading the plan which I have done in excel.

1. The main entrance is in the North-West which is 14 feet from the main gate. Is it fine as per vasthu or the main door has to be in North-East ?
2. Since the living room is in the West side, the bedroom (for my parents) is in the North-East corner with attached toilet. Is it good as per vasthu?
3. As per vasthu, master bedroom should be in South-west(Kubera moola). If I am having the Master Bedroom at South-West in second floor, will it suffice this requirement or the bedroom at first floor also should be in South-West corner?
4. Can we have the pooja room at current location?

Request your valuable suggestion in this regard.

Sunil
Attachments
New Plan 1.pdf
(708.59 KiB) Downloaded 1408 times
New plan2.xlsx
(12.49 KiB) Downloaded 1035 times
nagarjunkatta

Post by nagarjunkatta »

Is it shown with a good vastu expert? Does Vastu really matter? Bcoz i have seen many houses in blore which doesnt adhere to vastu
sunildn

Post by sunildn »

Hi Nagarjun,

I haven't shown to any vastu expert. Some people say its fine and some say its wrong :? As you mentioned, I have also seen many houses like this but, my parents are asking me that will this be fine. The first plan is fine but, I thought the second one is little bit unique.

Sunil

Return to “Civil Construction”