Review my 30x40 Building plan

venkyn

Re: Review my 30x40 Building plan

Post by venkyn »

Hi Sunil,

A 30x40 west plot can be planned and made approx 80% vastu complaint. Here is the first floor plan.
The only problem is the beam that will be exposed.

After reading several books on vastu,

- From the stair case, 5' space should be avoided,
Make it is 3' to acheive rectangular construction.

- If you have a daughter and a son, then the stair case
should be put in south.

- For Girls room, the best place would be in noth-west direction
For Boys room , the best place is North east direction.

- Do not use south-east room for any purpose, it can be used
for UPS.

- Pooja room should not be in a corner. there should be space atleast
one feet on left and right side.

- Do not have a utility entry from kitchen. It is not according
to vastu. Have it dinning area.

These are my opinion and vastu is basically good lighting, ventilation, proper selection of colours.

Regards,
Venky
Attachments
desig1.pdf
(74.36 KiB) Downloaded 960 times
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

venkyn wrote:Hi Sunil,

A 30x40 west plot can be planned and made approx 80% vastu complaint. Here is the first floor plan.
The only problem is the beam that will be exposed.

Regards,
Venky
Hi Venky,

We also have a west facing 30x40 plot on which we plan to build a home.
My idea is to have a 1BHK house on the ground floor and a duplex from first floor to second floor so that we have ample room for parking on the ground floor.
If you could attach your whole home plan or if you can send it to my email id (r a m k i 0 6 7 @ g m a i l . c o m), it would be of great help to me.

Thanks,
Ramki
lasrador

Post by lasrador »

Well there's a couple of things that you'd want to consider before finalising on the design.

- Condition of light with the living space in the center - If you have other properties on either sides of your site, having a cetral living area is not advisable as it will restrict the amount of light coming in.

- furniture layout- Make sure you put in a basic furniture layout in all the rooms before finalising the plan. for example, In your latest plan i doubt you'll be able to accomodate a tv. The foyer is way too big for my liking.
sunildn

Post by sunildn »

Thanks Venky for the suggestions.

After considering many factors and suggestions, I have prepared one more plan which matches 70-80% vastu. Request all of you to suggest if this is fine.
Attachments
Plan 3.xlsx
(26.28 KiB) Downloaded 830 times
amit_k77

Post by amit_k77 »

HI Venky and all

Can you please review my house plan.
The site is North facing and I have a ground floor 2BHK for rent and 1st and 2nd floor duplex house for self. The house design is planned in split levels.

Thanks in advace
Attachments
Ground floor.pdf
Ground floor plan (rent)
(16.89 KiB) Downloaded 891 times
Second floor plan (2).pdf
2nd floor plan (self)
(62.66 KiB) Downloaded 566 times
First floor plan.pdf
1st floor duplex (self)
(20.8 KiB) Downloaded 747 times
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

the plan looks good. but one thing I noticed is due to the split levels, you need space for stairs at so many different locations. You could save that space by making it clear 2 level vs. the multiple levels.
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

The plan looks good.. You have put lot of effort in designing it. It is creative
Few points:
- In first floor, there is no room, have you considered old age.
- The Living room is superb. You can have two living room, usually family living room and guest welcoming room.
you could partition.
- The balcony in the south west corner is inset so, try avoiding it as it reduces the wealth. You can however creativily
make big window.
- The internal stair is in the middle of the site. Is this due to multiple levels?

In my opinion, multiple Steps and mufti level inside the same floor gives more light and space However it is not comforatble for kids, elders and
women.

Venky
amit_k77

Post by amit_k77 »

Thanks a lot for your feedback Venky.

There is no room in first floor is as per plan. My larger plan in old age is to shift in ground floor house and use this duplex house for pension :-)

I wanted the foyer - living room - kitchen - courtyard - pooja room in a seamless split level with not much height difference ...may be around 2 feet high.

I will close the SW balcony and use that as crockery wall.

The internal stair will be pulled towards the SW side and not in the center. This should be as per Vastu.

I just wanted to check with you how on an alternate plan for external staircase that is coming up in N-NE side. As per vastu we should not have NE steps but some people are telling that this is not a full staircase as its only going to the entrance. Im confused as having a staircase in NE corner is not advised.
amit_k77

Post by amit_k77 »

Hi All

After getting good feedback from blrsiteseeker and venky and also consulting vastu expert, I have made some changes in my North facing house plan.
One of the major changes is to get rid of split level steps within the same floor as this is going to be an inconvenience for most of the folks.
I am trying hard to avoid steps in the NE corner and I am running out of ideas and this is the best I can have in the current scenario.
Note that my house starts from First floor and the ground floor is reserved for a 2BHK rented house for a later period.

Please review my house plan and share your feedback.
Attachments
TERRACE FLOOR-R4.pdf
(59.02 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
SECOND FLOOR-R4.pdf
(106.84 KiB) Downloaded 572 times
FIRST FLOOR-R4.pdf
(70.08 KiB) Downloaded 820 times
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Amit,
My first observation is that first floor you are +12' lvl and in the second floor study area you are at +17' lvl that means the floor ht in front of the green court up to stairs will be 4'9" clear which is not practically possible.
You need to re look at stair case no of steps and from where you are climbing up ?
The planning wise you kept the spaces open that gives you very spacial feel in living and dinning areas.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com

Return to “Civil Construction”