Plumbing cost for 4+2 bathrooms in Bangalore

kramesh98

Plumbing cost for 4+2 bathrooms in Bangalore

Post by kramesh98 »

Hi all\ Praveen

I am constructing a house on Sarjapur Road. the house is G+2 floors. the hosue has 4 full bathrooms and 2 half bath rooms. I just wnated to know how much the plumbing cost would for this kind of hosue.

I also asked my contractor to draw the lines for rainwater harvesting. My contractor used "Blue Opal PPR piping systems " for the entire house and he claims that is cheaper than Tata pipes. He had sent me the first bill of 6.4L for the plumbing work. The plumbing work includes the all the plumbing materials, labour and civic work required for the plumbing.

Please tell me if the price seems to be right or I am taken for a ride.

thanks in advance

Ramesh
blrsiteseeker

Re: Plumbing cost for 4+2 bathrooms in Bangalore

Post by blrsiteseeker »

My plumbing contract cost rs. 2.7 lakhs (work got completed in Jan 2012)

Included in this -
1. cost of pipes, drains etc. (I forget the brand name of the pipes used, but I have been told that they are of a very superior quality (not just by contractor, neighbors too). That pipe is green and requires their own tools for cutting (they use a flame and the provided tool to cut and join them). I was shown that it could not be cut with a hacksaw blade etc.etc. If possible, I will find out the brand name when I get a chance.
2. Rain water harvesting
3. Borewell plumbing to overhead tank.
4. pipes and connections for public water supply
5. 5 bathrooms (4 with western toilet and one with orissa pan).
6. Water softener plumbing
7. Plumbing needed for water filter
8. Dishwasher and washer
9. One sink in kitchen and one in utility room, + one on terrace.
10. some taps and stuff for outside (utility area, garden area, terrace )

This did not include the cost of - water tank (syntex), faucets, sinks, drain covers (I wanted the anti roach kind and I had to get them myself).

I hope this helps you.
kramesh98

Post by kramesh98 »

thanks blrsiteseeker
m3_07

Post by m3_07 »

blrsiteseeker wrote:My plumbing contract cost rs. 2.7 lakhs (work got completed in Jan 2012)

1. cost of pipes, drains etc. (I forget the brand name of the pipes used, but I have been told that they are of a very superior quality (not just by contractor, neighbors too). That pipe is green and requires their own tools for cutting (they use a flame and the provided tool to cut and join them). I was shown that it could not be cut with a hacksaw blade etc.etc. If possible, I will find out the brand name when I get a chance.
Pardon my ignorance.....i really would appreciate if you could let me know the brand of the pipes....

I have used TATA medium gauge for all the waterlines & it was cut using the conventional method.
santro

Post by santro »

@ blrsiteseeker
you may be referring to Polypropylene pipe (PP-R) pipe. it has very good life but requires special skills & tool for repairs.
Attachments
PP-R pipes
PP-R pipes
PP-R pipes.png (88.09 KiB) Viewed 11892 times
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

santro wrote:@ blrsiteseeker
you may be referring to Polypropylene pipe (PP-R) pipe. it has very good life but requires special skills & tool for repairs.
yes the pipes looked like this but the name was not Ganga. I totally draw a blank and I am not in town to check it out.
xyz1398

Post by xyz1398 »

Hi blrsiteseeker, Can you please share the contact number of the plumber, I would like to get an estimate.
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

my plumber's name is Venkatesh, and his number is 9341222798. He did a good job, but is a very hard person to catch. My brothers have been trying to contact him for the last few weeks and not able to get him. so good luck.
Smithaau

Post by Smithaau »

Hi blrsiteseeker,

I wanted some more information on the anti cockroach drains etc that you implemented in your house. Can you please send me the details?

Regards,

Smitha
vpbs_bak

Post by vpbs_bak »

Need help in checking the labor/material price for my plumbing work. This involves 5 Bathrooms (but mainly checking to see the labor/material rates quoted).
Thanks
Attachments
plumbing-2.png
plumbing-1.png

Return to “Civil Construction”