Contractor quote for constructing Home

prasannabhat

Contractor quote for constructing Home

Post by prasannabhat »

Hi,

Iam planning to build G+ FFloor house in 30x40 site with care portico in SMV Layout. The contractor is quoting 1,65000 per chadra. Iam building 20 chadras so it comes to 33 lakhs. I would like to know whether this rate is reasonable. His scope of work does not include the following which is extra :

1. Sump tank
2. Compound Wall & drain covering slab
3. Staircase ( Outside)
4. Gate

Whether the rate quoted is reasonable pls let me know.

Regards,
Prasanna
girishd

Re: Contractor quote for constructing Home

Post by girishd »

Prasanna,

Has he provided an itemwise details of estimate or is this a lump-sum cost?

If you don't have itemwise estimate with each item input cost or exact specification - for example total cost of tiles at 130/sqt with base cost of tile at 80/sqft... you might be in for a disappointment in either quality of finish or budget increase.
prasannabhat

Post by prasannabhat »

Girish,

He is quoted the lumpsum cost. The details of itemwise material will be given later, one more thing he will take up right from working plan for which he he is not charging and also approved plan from BDA for which i need to pay actual fees & misc exp etc. Pls let me know whether the contactor quote is reasonable or let me know if you know any good contractor who does end to end.
prasannabhat

Post by prasannabhat »

Hi,

Pls let me know whether the contractor guoted price is reasonable, and let me know any good contractor who does end to end right from planning to construction
girishd

Post by girishd »

Prasanna,

All I am trying to say is that do the right thing - first get an architect to design a "home" for your needs. Once that is done, get the estimates of area/work as an itemwise specification. Then get quotes with couple of contractors from your reference and compare the quotes along with their construction quality of completed houses.

If you have enough time and patience then labour only contract also be a very good choice. If not itemwise contract could be he next best option.

If the contractor you have spoken to happens to be a close relative and trustworthy then no problem in trusting him - else there is every reason to doubt a lumpsum quote where someone has not given you the exact specification of each item and price for the same.

You only get one chance in lifetime to build a home unless you win a lottery or acquire some accidental fortune. So do the right thing and not just grab the first offer that comes your way..

That is just my view. May be other members can share their view here.
arjun.surendra04

Post by arjun.surendra04 »

1650 rs/sqft is a bit more i think. Did you enquire with few other contractors?
See if this helps.
https://sites.google.com/site/arjunwebw ... -bangalore

1300 - 1400 is standard. If your base rate itself is 1650 then after adding extras it will touch 2000.
prasannabhat

Post by prasannabhat »

Hi Girish,

I checked with architects they charge 6% on total construction cost so it will not work out for me and i prefer to go to contractor who does turnkey project. Pls let me know good contractor
prasannabhat

Post by prasannabhat »

Hi Arjun,

i have already checked with website earlier, pls let me know any good contractor who does planning and construction work.

Prasanna Bhat
KrishnaD

Post by KrishnaD »

I have sent you a PM.
BengaluruBoy

Post by BengaluruBoy »

The quoted proce depends on the materials he is using such as teak wood, flooring options, plumbing fixtures etc. From my experice ( house in finishing stage)
if you can get it for 150000 per square then I think its good rate for the decent house.
Ifyou are looking for a contractor who can do turnkey project then I can refer one person by name Ramesh (9900422066) who is currently doing my project but I have a separate architect who did the design and structural design. You are welcome to come see my house. You can refer my name.
-Rajesh

Return to “Civil Construction”