Solar Lights for Balcony (LED)

yasif

Solar Lights for Balcony (LED)

Post by yasif »

would appreciate if anyone from this forum can give information and contact details of persons who can do solar lighting for basement & balconies

Yasif
keerthi.blr

Re: Solar Lights for Balcony (LED)

Post by keerthi.blr »

You can fix an appointment with an executive from Anu Solar.. Executive will explain all the options available by visiting your place.
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

yasif wrote:would appreciate if anyone from this forum can give information and contact details of persons who can do solar lighting for basement & balconies

Yasif
Suresh Inamdar, I forget name of company, for UPS, solar panels and battery, he was good, followed up well. And my electrician had made an error in the wiring for solar and so the UPS had issues, he never complained came back several times to follow up. ph 934 267 2624

He installed solar panels, the UPS and connected my solar panel to the battery backup. I know he would do the lights as well, I originally called him to do the lighting, but changed my mind to send the solar power to my UPS battery instead.
Yogi

Post by Yogi »

I am thinking of providing solar lighting for my house that is under construction. But, the electrician says separate wirings needs to be done for solar lights and for the normal bescom power. He says the bescom power uses AC current and the solar power produces DC power and hence both cannot run with the same wiring. Can someone confirm this? I also came across Sukam Brainy Hybrid Inverter that charges both from solar and the Bescom power. Has anyone used this one before and what is the durability and the performance?

Please let me know if there are any other options that i can go with to provide the solar backup... Appreciate all your suggestions...
santro

Post by santro »

Yes, He is right. Basically Solar energy is used to charge the battery whose output is in of DC power. Using this stored power we can illuminate the DC lights directly (Usually 12V DC CFL of different wattages based on requirement). Hence a separate wiring is required. And i personnaly dont like to use this hybrid module since most of the time battery will charge using the BESCOm power which makes no differece with conventional UPS.
prakashbask

Post by prakashbask »

Any idea on how much a solar panel costs per KW ? Which solar panels are good?
ByJupiter

Post by ByJupiter »

You can go through some links that I have http://praja.in/en/blog/shankar-sharma/2012/05/18/roof-top-solar-pv-system-residences
http://praja.in/en/~bangalore/blog/murali772/2008/11/19/24x7-power-supply-courtesy-solar-lighting
I think there's another link in Praja.in with some more detailed calculations etc but I cant find it. You can find it if you search.
Also here's an article on how feasible it is to install solar system for house http://www.bangaloremirror.com/index.aspx?page=article&sectid=1&contentid=2012031820120318022850191793b5cd0

Return to “Civil Construction”