Surplus Construction items

a338029

Surplus Construction items

Post by a338029 »

Hi All,
I am constructing my house and planning to buy surplus construction items like Tiles (ceramic wall tiles, floors, parking) and plumbing items (Pipes and fittings). do let me know if you have any and sent me a message.

Thanks in advance.
m3_07

Re: Surplus Construction items

Post by m3_07 »

very interesting post.....are you a surplus dealer???? As I know, every single surplus item will be taken back by the dealer, when you are shopping in big quantities.
JollyRogers

Post by JollyRogers »

I think its a good Topic, I am sure there will be people who will have surplus items when constructing a house and will not know how to dispose it. I know I will have some surplus steel left. I will confirm towards mid Jan the quantity in surplus.
sholla

Post by sholla »

Dealers may not take back always. In my case the dealer Chabria (Jayanagar) refused
to take back surplus GI pipe saying they are "slow moving" items.
My engineer was saying that tiles may be taken back only if they are full box. It was
mentioned in this forum that cement bags are rarely taken back.So, yes, if there
is a proper channel to dispose or exchange surplus items, it will help a lot.
a338029

Post by a338029 »

Though I am not a surplus dealer but looking for surplus items to use in my construction. As JollyRogers and Sholla rightly says there are no proper channel to dispose one's surplus construction items as well as dealers are very relucant to take back the surplus items. Hence thought let's Spread this in this forum so that every body will be benefited from the same.
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

Great idea - call it the materials exchange (like they have for sewing materials, seeds etc.), you can offer some items while looking for something else.
m3_07

Post by m3_07 »

friends....everything comes at a price.

Surplus steel, if not stored well & if there are rust signs, expect a depreciuation of over 50%. This is as good as saying, would have bought it in this condition in the yard??

Cement - This actually should not be in surplus, if you buy the right quantities.

GI pipes - I have never used CPVC in my building & the initial agreement with my supplier is to take back what ever remains as surplus on the sanitary pipes & fittings. Chabra must be acting smart in this case. I am successful in even giving back even the tiny GI plugs which are in excess & getting replacement of my required item at the full cost.

Tiles - if the left over quantities are in full boxes, they accept replacements.

However, it actually is not a good idea to scrape in this order, when you are constructing a house - this is my personal opinion.

Imagine this - you get tiles of some colour from building "x" & another colour/ pattern from building "y".....the overal flooring represents a ZEBRA then.

Return to “Civil Construction”