Architect

eswarao_k

Architect

Post by eswarao_k »

Hi,

Can any one suggest good Architect in Bangalore for Building plan. Land is in Whitefield Area.

Thanks
Eswar
BengaluruBoy

Re: Architect

Post by BengaluruBoy »

You can contact Anand (Asmi Architects ), 9845077933. He is our architect for the on going project of our house.
-Rajesh
eswarao_k

Post by eswarao_k »

Thanks for the reply. How much he charges.
ByJupiter

Post by ByJupiter »

You can check out with Center for Vernacular Architecture http://www.vernarch.com/
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

You can contact Praveen - he is active in this forum and is currently doing the project for me.
http://ardesarchitects.com/
GopalSumukha

Post by GopalSumukha »

Feel free to contact my architect Mr Santhosh - 9844088969 and you can refer my name as Gopal from MS Ramaiah City, J.P.Nagar
Let me know if you would like to visit my site though you are in the other corner of Bangalore..!! the visit could be worth one..i suppose..!!
Good Luck
Gopal
anupp2009

Post by anupp2009 »

Can anyone please inform what is the approximate charge or percentage an architect will charge based on your experience for detailed drawing including estimates? Any precautions required while dealing with them?
Regards, Anup.
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

Most of them charge based on a % of estimated cost. Anywhere from 2-6 %. Some are flexible enough to agree for a fixed price. This worked best for me as I wanted flexibility in adjusting my plan based on what we learn.

I am just getting started- but a few observations.
- Charges should not be the only criteria for chosing an architect. Do not hesitate to ask them for reference and look at the buildings they have constructed. Look for attention to details and their style of working. If you are looking for luxury an architect that focuses on the value for money is not the right choice for you though that may be the right choice for someone else. You end up taking a lot of decisions later down the line where the architects style of working will influence your thinking. Like in any project, you need to also look at the architect as a team member that you need to work closely with and ensure that his/her working style matches yours
- Ideally, you need someone who can guide you through the whole project. From ideation to planning to budgeting to advising on the trade off for various material options. Make sure that architect can spend enough time on the details with you as it can save a lot of rework and cost. Spend more time upfront to get the requirements and plan to perfection - this time spent will be well spent. I recommend a phased payment schedule to architect based on completion of various stages.
- Architect usually brings along structural consultant and on an average will have weekly site visits (I am only in planning phase and have not seen this phase). You definitely need a second opinion on the contractors work. For this reason, I feel that it is best to keep architect and contractor separate. Also, I am thinking that I would require that all decision making be left to architect so that there is clear division of responsibility between contractor (the one who executes) and the architect (decision maker)
- Managing to deadlines is certainly a challenge in general, as I have been in planning phase for close to 5 months.

Good luck ...

Ram
GopalSumukha

Post by GopalSumukha »

@ Ram, i am not sure if the Architects charge 2 - 6 % , I did consult atleast 5 - 6 architects and all of them were charging between 5 -9 % of the estimated cost with certain terms and conditions which shall not be briefed at the beginning or probably, i consulted wrong persons in the initial stages.. :(
As per my findings, architect's fees trend across Bangalore seems over 5 % except Interior charges, which shall be additional to the same.
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

Yes - many of them that quote more than 6%, but would settle to 2-6% range depending on the project size. The architect's effort may not be proportionately more for larger projects though every detail does entail additional effort. It also depends on where an architect is in his/her career- the established ones certainly charge even 10%

I had referred my architect earlier- he was very reasonable in our approach to compensation.

Return to “Civil Construction”