help on Labour Contract, Payment Schedule & Material buy

arti1977

help on Labour Contract, Payment Schedule & Material buy

Post by arti1977 »

Hi,

I am in stage of finalising agreement for Labour Contract. I am looking for a detailed agreement for this (like each and every item covered along with Payment Schedule), Can someone please share ?

Also want to understand like how much advance we should give to contractor ? He is asking Rs30,000. As per my understanding, in labour contract He is not going to invest anywhere (as material we will provide) So please share Stage wise Payment Schedule which i can use as a guide to frame my agreement.

Also Next step is to start analysis on material purchase. I am constructing house in HSR Layout. Could you please give some advice on reliable shops/markets etc ?

and last (if possible) list of material required for each stage ? (just to avoid last minute rush)
kayjayaar

Re: help on Labour Contract, Payment Schedule & Material buy

Post by kayjayaar »

Simple and Blind rule : Any labour contractor who asks for advance is not reliable , and you will run into problems with such contractors sooner or later.
Manjunath_H

Post by Manjunath_H »

Arti1977 - Mail me on manjunath.hanumaiah@gmail.com for a sample agreement.

Please be clear on the agreement part. Bcz these contractors dupe the owners at the beginning of construction work by sweet talks etc., and later they start charging extra for each and every minute work.

I had a very good and bad experience as well:)

Thanks,
Manju
pradeepecr

Post by pradeepecr »

I too in same boat. Actually I have paid intially 30k as advance, now internal plastering is going on. He has given to sub-contract. Already paid 3Lakhs. Remaining 1.6L I need to complete first floor internal plastering, complete external plastering, steps rail fixing, compound wall & gate work. Parabet wall.
I went with contract of 20K for 100 Sq.ft. For (G+1) its coming around (1200+1100sq.ft) its inlcludes all projection, steps etc. Tank wall is seperate. Every week I'm ending paying him 20-25k for plastering.
maheshvivid2003

Post by maheshvivid2003 »

Manjunath_H wrote:Arti1977 - Mail me on manjunath.hanumaiah@gmail.com for a sample agreement.

Please be clear on the agreement part. Bcz these contractors dupe the owners at the beginning of construction work by sweet talks etc., and later they start charging extra for each and every minute work.

I had a very good and bad experience as well:)

Thanks,
Manju

this is very true im experienceing the same

i have given for labour contract who was refered by my carpenter he know him from the past 15 yrs
he agreed all the work g+3+parapet wall tank for 20k
they always try to save labour work also includes centerin+barbending
1st they tell not use steel as per structural drawing n they manipulate u to save money on that

2nd when u tell any ideas n design if it is barbendin n centerin work they say extra example chain staircase n few others things in mycase i went for normal staircase he didnt used centering sheet for steps on top ...for 1 step it costs him more than rs200 he didnt tell centring guy to do that work instead he used old technic by laying bricks for steps and after sometime he took that i had to fight with him n later told him ether use centringsheet or will not buy red bricks so after every floor he use the same bricks ...this cheap tricks of fooling is very annoying

3rd he is doing 2nd floor and now he is demanding 21k to do 3rd floor coz it will charge more to get the materials to 3rd n 4th floor

luckily i havnet paid him advance and also given money for the work he has done..even though he sometimes demands but we wont pay him extra

these r the few probs u have to face if u dont make clear agreement

and abt material buy ...dont ever go by contractors reference coz he will get commission on this from the material dealer and also he might charge with lil extra bucks compared to marker price ...always ask price in 2 or 3 places n then decide wther to go by contrator references
Manjunath_H

Post by Manjunath_H »

I second your comments mahesh, the contractors will have minimum 5%-10% commission on material purchase.

I dont understand the concept of giving contract, if you see most of the owners even though after giving contract, they visit building everyday and accompany contractor while buying materials etc. We spend our own time which contractor has to do. If we put little efforts and do the construction work ourselves.

The idea of contractor will not exist.

I did the same. I had given contract and I had to visit everyday and I was spending more time at my construction place than my contractor. For 100rs material he used to charge me 1000rs extra. Later I decided and did the groundwork by contacting different warehouses like wood, tiles, granite, cement, bricks etc. and found different rates. I used to round up who could give me the best price and quality of materials.

I was waiting for my contractor to finish the civil work, bcz I had already paid him excess for the work he has done. Once he completed the civil structure, and plastering.

I told him, I will do it by own for flooring, bathroom tiles, railings, grill works, bathroom fittings, etc.

Later we had a dispute and I threw him out. At the end of the day it is my hard earned money, and i was bearing the brunt of loan.

I completed my house on time with all the above mentioned items and saved around 4-5 lakhs.

So my advice is keep a hold on the payment given to the contractor, the contractor should always be in owner's grip. Else you will land in trouble for giving excess money.

Thanks,
Manjunath
maheshvivid2003

Post by maheshvivid2003 »

we have given for labour contract not material ..even mestri always suggest his reliable source to get commision from them n i always decline coz they r pricy compare to others and also i havnt give other works like plumbin carpentery paint electrical works referred by him ...we have decen reliable workers for other works ..and also ther other good labour contractors have good workers working for them ..but my contract dont have good workers

i havnt given for material contract ..coz i could not afford for.

Return to “Civil Construction”