Which is best option?

sam_m400

Which is best option?

Post by sam_m400 »

Hi

I like to increase level of my site,

Option 1.

to fill with red sand level raising the ground by 3 feet from road before pillar footing . But my contractor saying the sand will be loos and it will fall when we dig footing after than and it cause digging people will ask for additional amount. Else we need to wait for 2 month so that sand will get cured/will get tighten.

Option 2

Put the pillar footing ,then level the ground with red sand.

Which is best option?

Sam
jult

Re: Which is best option?

Post by jult »

Option 1 will give good compaction you can hire roller and excavate again. the cost will be increased.( whichis proffesional way of doing) Option2 is short cut in quality of filling in you need short cut( use sand coarse and water it . it will satify the technical requirment bASED ON YOUR BUDGET YOU CAN SELECT
vrsbabu

Post by vrsbabu »

I think Option# 2 is best.
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

Thanks. Is it because of disadvantages contractors has mentioned ? . Just want to know what is problem with Option 1 and advantages with Option 2 because Option 2 is costly as as i need to avail a JCB for every load of red sand as JCB cannot move to center of plot because of pillar footing pit. in Option 1 just you can ask Sand lorry to move to the centre of the site ,and once filled with sand JCB can be used to spread it.
maheshvivid2003

Post by maheshvivid2003 »

@ sam_m400

option 2 ...i did the same thing ...if u have a vacant place on either side of ur site then u can bring in jcb n store all the sand in the vacant site n after footing u can spread it using jcb ...u can save lil money ...or else have to vacate the red sand by bringin tractor or lorry ...we used tractor rs600 per load

i know its off topic however i wanted to know that u have given labour contract or material contract n also share the price
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

Thanks. I have given for labor contract. So lorry load they are asking for 850 Rs + 1000 Rs per load to move the same from truck(outside) site to spread inside teh site . Here i cannot take a JCB because everload in truck cannot come with the four hours wheree we hire the JCB. So JCB would become expensive.as total load would take at least 10 hours to load/unload red sand, so JCB cost would be 7000 Rs (700 * 10) .

By your idea just load all the red sand first on the open site near ,then call JCB and spread it by which i can save lot of money. Thanks for input.
maheshvivid2003

Post by maheshvivid2003 »

for how much have u given for labour contract ..i remember u were discussing in the forum
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

Labour contract. Thanks for Idea , as i was thinking to have JCB for every load ,as 2 to 3 load can come only in 4 hours hiring . Based on your inputs you can unload all the sand first in an open site ,then call the JCB after and spread the land the site. This sounds a good idea and save money as well.

Return to “Civil Construction”