Water purifier, softner for homes

RashmiL

Re: Water purifier, softner for homes

Post by RashmiL »

Kent one mentioned above is not softener.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Our area was very famous ! for water shortages and thus resulted in drilling bore wells below 1000 feet and thus had lot of hard water. Plumbing issues were very common due to calcium accumulation. From past 6-7 years due to Kaveri water supply , not only has hard water issue is solved, even the ground water level has increased and water is not so hard anymore. So if you are relying on Kaveri, I think you need not put it at all. If borewell water is used, check for hardness even before conaidering these filters which are maintenance issue prone one.
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

i am using local softener from last one year, they cost around 26 k plus and they sell you big jumbo fiter of no use, basically work for a year very good and after one year we dont feel any difference or the difference is very mild every 15 days recharge is needed. softner was sold by blue square. if buying softner better buy branded and buy based on resin quality which i ma not sure how to assess :-)
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

There are similar stories from my relatives who spent bomb maintaining it and left it. Softening 10k liters per week is not cheap by any standards. So expecting some small device to do it will be wishful thinking. That's why I advise to even check need for such systems. Most of these have ended with maintenance nightmares after 3-4 years
Balu

Post by Balu »

I constructed my house 5 years back and for 1 year we were using both borewell & Cauvery water. I was confused to buy or not to buy the water softener for my borewell water, I took quotes from Kent, Zero B & 3M . One of the sales executive tested the borewell water and informed TDS 630 was the result, he told with water softener we can get TDS between 300 to 400 range which is good.

As per the sales executive Maintenance cost would be around 15 to 20k+ per year.

Sales executive asked us if we had experienced hair fall, skin problems & rashes, we told him we had been using both borewell & Cauvery water we never had such problems, even there was no complains from our tenant’s .

Considering the investment & maintenance cost I decided not to go with water softener, for past 5 years we are using bore well & Cauvery water we didn’t experience any problems like hair fall, skin problems, Rashes, taps and bathroom fittings are working so far without any problems.

For drinking we boil the water and store it in a Copper Vessel.

Return to “Civil Construction”