Water purifier, softner for homes

gbhat72

Post by gbhat72 »

Hi,

Couple of questions on water purification and softeners for homes:

1. Has anybody used whole house water purifier system, like Pentair/GE Homespring (http://www.pentairwaterindia.com/reside ... ution.html). How is it? what is the cost?

2. Are there any simple filter systems that could be fitted to the inlet of BWSSB water line, at the entry point to the sump, so that sediments, and any other solid impurities can be filtered. Objective is to keep the sump clean.

3. How easy or difficult is maintenance of a whole house water softener system?

Thanks,
Govind.
sudhu_kumar

Re: Water purifier, softner for homes

Post by sudhu_kumar »

Hi,

I have just installed MORF india softner.I will be able to give you feedback only after 4-5 monts.I have paid them 27,000 for this.

Sudeendra
Nivas

Post by Nivas »

Hi,
I was looking for a water softner and filter for my house , I came across this site http://www.aquionics.in. which offer some solutions for the entire house.
Has any one used this product , how frequently does one need to charge the resin or maintain it , my requirements per day is about 1000 litres.
Any feedback on this product is appreciated .

-Nivas
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

I got a softener and water purifier (RO/UV) installed from a Venkatesh in Malleswaram. Their service has been good so far, they were quite prompt with the delivery of items and installation and commissioning. If you all are interested, let me know and I can send you the contact details.
Vimal

Post by Vimal »

blrsiteseeker,

Can you tell which brand of softener did you buy and share the details of the softener ?

Thanks
Vimal
dream_home

Post by dream_home »

If you plan to put a simple filter for bwssb line/borewell water which goes to tank, then buy 1 sqmtr shade net from JC road, and also a sponze sheet of 1 inch thickness. Put the sponze in the shade net and form like an basket and tie to the inlet of the sump. this is basic filter which you can achieve for less than 50 rs. clean the sponze once in 4 months when you clean the tank.
Thanks
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi ,
Softeners are maintenance issues .You need to reverse the flow in to cylinder once in 2-3 months depending up on hardness of the water.Need to change the resins/salts at least once in 6 months.So service in very important for these filtering systems.
If you plan early you can route the softner water lines to dedicated lines bathing,kitchen,washing etc...

Check with Kent mini softner use full for local specific requirement.

regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Arde Architecs and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
Vimal

Post by Vimal »

dream_home,

there is a difference between softening and filtering. what you described is a simple filter to remove dirt, debris etc., that you can see with your naked eye. Water softening on the other hand exchanges hardness causing elements such as calcium and replace them with sodium thereby it prevents scale forming on the plumbing lines, fittings etc. and more importantly you get enough suds when you wash your cloth or your body or hair.

praveen,

what do you mean by "If you plan early you can route the softner water lines to dedicated lines bathing,kitchen,washing etc..." ? whoever is going with water softener they will supply treated water to the entire house. What is the need for dedicated lines ? I am missing something Can you please explain ?

Thanks
dream_home

Post by dream_home »

i was referring to original question where simple filtering (not water softening)was required.
thanks
parkom

Post by parkom »

Vimal, what Praveen was implying is that you don't need to soften all the water supply in your house. You can have the soft water piped directly to places where you need it like shower, washing machine, dishwasher, kitchen tap. The toilet flushes, and other taps could do with unsoftened water, thereby reducing your size of softening plant and also the requirement of chemicals.
All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on....

Return to “Civil Construction”