Skylight

bbllaazzee

Re: Skylight

Post by bbllaazzee »

@maheshv , I am also looking for one, let me know if you find one, we can ask for more discount if we purchase together. From my side, the Polycarbonate sheets start from 50 to 150 per sqft depending on the quality. I saw shops in SJP road. For fabrication, one vendor said he will use the 16 gauge square tubes to make the hexagon design and place polycarbonate on those for more sturdy structure. For the fabrication alone he was asking 240 per sqft.
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

@Vimal,
thanks a ton! will keep this in mind
Do the sheet in your rent house looks like this one?
http://pacificaluminum.ca/wp-content/up ... ZD140-.jpg

@bbllaazzee
sure we can, please call me ASAP, I have sent IM and email with my number to you
I have a good contact for the grill work and will help you get it for lesser price
Vimal

Post by Vimal »

No. it does not look like that.
msridhar78

Post by msridhar78 »

Hi Praveen, Thanks a lot for the insights on skylight in the first post of this thread.
I am in the process of selecting a skylight material and came across this company called Danpalon. They have polycarbonate sheet material but when I called the company, they mentioned that they do not service individual houses and small requirements and I talked to some of their contacts which do provide this. However, the cost psft is upwards of Rs. 500 only for the sheet and the fabrication, installation etc would be extra.

Are there any other reputed brands which anybody has used for skylight? Please suggest if you have used any. My architect was suggesting Saint Gobain glass. How do you think polycarbonate sheets compare with Glass?

Regards
rajeshkp

Post by rajeshkp »

Go for toughened glass. That is best. But expensive for the size of 6.5x10
parthakarthik

Post by parthakarthik »

Hello

Im planning for skylight with toughened laminated glass of total thickness of 12mm. Can anyone guide me best installer who can do a professional job?
I already installed a toughened 12mm glass but got broken within a week. Workmanship was poor in terms of sealant application & uniformity of the glass.
This time I want to get it right with professional guys. Don't mind spending few extra in getting a quality work done

Pl suggest.

Thanks
P.Karthik
biddappa_c_b

Post by biddappa_c_b »

Hi , can you please let me know the kind of sealant that needs to be used for Skylight(toughened glass on grill).

thanks
sarasrl

Post by sarasrl »

Hi,
We have a skylight of dimension 4x4 ft and are looking for professional who can do the design, installation , water proofing etc.
Can anybody please send the contact details of such professionals? We contacted one person who quoted Rs. 55K for 4x4ft dome shaped skylight which we felt was way too high..
This is very urgent..
Thanks in advance,
sarasrl
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

an article on Skylight option for getting natural lights inside the house.
Attachments
skylight.jpg
vpbs_bak

Post by vpbs_bak »

Can someone comment on the following toughened glass installation rates:

1. Skylight - area is 5' * 6' - 12 mm Saint Gobain Toughened Glass (Clear). Installation charges with aluminium channel & fittings - Rs 450 psft. Grill fabrication already done

2. Paragolas (two items - one 10'*14'; another 10'*4' - so total 180 sft) - 10 mm Saint Gobain Toughened Glass - Installation Rs 650 psft (with fabriation); Rs 480 psft without fabrication

Return to “Civil Construction”