Architect fees

sk1976

Architect fees

Post by sk1976 »

Hi,
I am in the process of deciding an architect for my house construction. One of the architect who was referred by one of my acquaintance said he charges Rs 100 per sqft for providing the following services

- Complete design services
- contractor selection/tendering
- Material selection/quality checks
- Regular site visits till the completion of construction
- He said he will be chasing the building contractor wrt to the schedule of completion instead of me
- Interior work excluded

In fact, he said the Rs 100 /sqft includes all that he will charge for everything . This would work out to 8% assuming
cost of construction per sqft to be Rs 1250. I will be constructing around 6000 sqft with 50% builtup towards rental purposes
and remaining for own occupation. Since the architecture detailing for rental units will be very minimal, what would be the reasonable fee of architect's role for this type of construction?. Please share your experience if you have hired an architect...

Thanks in advance
Selva
ardesarchitects

Re: Architect fees

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi selva,
The design fee will always depends up on the scope of work included.There are various type people generally approach ,
Type -1
Only design + technical drawings(structural,electrical,plumbing etc....
Type -2
Type-1 + tendering works+limited site visits(post design co-ordination)
Type -3
Type -1+2+complete post design co-ordinations (regular site visits+project schedules+estimates and re estimates+material quantification+quality monitoring+etc....)

depending up on your requirement the fee will range any where between 3% to 8% ,if you go for signature architects they charge up to 12%.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.n
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
Hari

Post by Hari »

if you are looking for construction at Bangalore , i will recommend you to go with Praveen. I have seen some of his projects its really awesomen and i can bet that rates will be also competitive .

regards
Hari Krishnan
boyz22z

Post by boyz22z »

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this info. Even I am planning to build my home on a 40X60 site.
Can you guys recommend some good architects in bangalore. I am basically looking for Type- 2 and planning to build a duplex home.

Thanks
Raghavendra
Gowtham

Post by Gowtham »

Hi.

8% is on the higher side..4-5% should give you all the drawings & services you have mentioned.

Gowtham
Civil Contractor
BengaluruBoy

Post by BengaluruBoy »

Hi All,
I got a quote from an architect for our house on a 40.60 site for ground + 2 floors. We are planning for 2 BHK house in the ground floor and 3BHK duplex on the 1st and 2nd floor. The total budget is 40L including all costs. Here is the quote. Can you please advice if this is reasonable? One of my friends paid lesser than this including site visits, plan aproval etc.

So, if I include 10 site visits and other approval plan , then total cost becomes around 2.70L.

The scope of work includes
• Schematic drawings (4 Types) Rs.25000/-
• Working drawings (G + 2 Upper floor) Rs.30000/-
• Structural design & drawings (Structure designed for G + 3 Upper floors) Rs.60000/-
• Wood work drawings Rs.10000/-
• 3D Perspective (2 types) Rs.40000/-
• Electrical drawings Rs.30000/-
• Plumbing & sanitary drawings Rs.30000/-

The total amount of Rs.225000/- (Rupees Two Lakh Twenty Five Thousand
Only) shall be paid in three installments for the above mentioned work.

• Additional charge for building approval plan (other than the working plan) and not including getting the BBMP approval.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobilization advance of Rs.25000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand Only)shall be paid immediately.
An amount of Rs.100000/- (Rupees One Lakh Only) shall be paid immediately after the schematic plan is approved.
An amount of Rs.100000/- (Rupees One Lakh Only) shall be paid immediately after the foundation drawings are released.
An amount of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand Only) per visit shall be paid to the consultant for site supervision when ever required.

All technical clarifications and discussions can be made at the Consultants office with prior appointment which shall not be charged extra.
alamzartab

Post by alamzartab »

This is not a marketing site......

**************EDITED BY ADMIN **************
alamzartab

Post by alamzartab »

This is not a marketing site ***** ***

**********EDITED BY ADMIN *************
sholla