Borewell dilemma

sam_m400

Re: Borewell dilemma

Post by sam_m400 »

Thanks, but how do i check the depth at the which my motor need to go........If my water came at 284 fett,and dug at 480 feet how do i know whether to sink the motor till 330 feet or 400 feet or till 420 feet. This could reduce my overall cost in HDPE pipe/finolex wire which is costliest of all the itesm during motor fitting.
By camera if we could see what depth the water is then i could decide the depth to sink the motor, this i what my neighbour suggesting . Please do help whether the process is right? It if not for the yield ,just to know whether the water is at what level....

Can you please give clue on what is scientific method? . I know only way is V neck which the borewell people does, but without water delivery by the motor how do we judge the yield ? Once i immerse my motor i can know the yield ,but i need to know the yield before with level of water in the bore? . This could help in deciding the motor pipe size/depth at which it should go?
m3_07

Post by m3_07 »

refer the link below to determine the yield:

http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/factsheets/pdf/water/w4.pdf

Question - Is it really important to get so analytical on the yield measurements??? Hardly have come accross anyone who get into the the details - simply not required. There are many professionals available in this area field. They can be contacted at :

http://www.indiawaterportal.org/

If the well is 480 feet, place the pump @ 430 - 440 feet. The water in the well at more depths will help "store water", when the yield is less.
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

sam_m400 wrote:Thanks, but how do i check the depth at the which my motor need to go........If my water came at 284 fett,and dug at 480 feet how do i know whether to sink the motor till 330 feet or 400 feet or till 420 feet. This could reduce my overall cost in HDPE pipe/finolex wire which is costliest of all the itesm during motor fitting.
?
You can sink the motor till 340 feet or so. You can add a length or 2 (20 feet) of pipe, if needed when the borewell yeild reduces. This would sink the motor 20 to 40 feet at a time. This is the usual practice with agricultural borewells.
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

Thanks sir, m3_07/all other, as suggested i would go till 400 feet.
girishkumarj

Post by girishkumarj »

sam_m400,

Please place the borewell motor at 20 to 30ft from the bottom point of the borewell in case if the yield falls down too u will not face a problem in the water supply. if you place at 400 ft and yield is less in summer then you have to rework to down the motor further and if motor runs without water there is a risk of motor failure.
As one time effort place the motor at maximum best point. Dont look at the pipe and wire cost, Do it right at the first time, Be pessimistic for this work considering bangalore water table.
girishkumarj

Post by girishkumarj »

Hi All,

very recently we did a bore and the depth is 727 ft , good water 2+ " , For motor installation people suggest 5hp 3 phase 36 stage Texmo submer pump.
planned to place the bore motor at 700ft depth + high of the building ~44fts.

An alternative suggestion kindly share the thought.
Planned for Ashirvad pipe and Finolex cable. Pricing point yet to finlize if any one have the recent price list kindly share it.
m3_07

Post by m3_07 »

girishkumarj wrote: For motor installation people suggest 5hp 3 phase 36 stage Texmo submer pump.
planned to place the bore motor at 700ft depth + high of the building ~44fts.
I suppose 5HP & 3 Phase is an OVER SPEC. Please do consult the experts. Are you planning for a 2 3 phase supply for your house??? If Yes, then the 3 phase motor makes sense. Else, there are several pumps still available to drive at those depths.
bbllaazzee

Post by bbllaazzee »

Anyone can PM me the borewell motor inspection contact or the folks you can check if my existing motor is good or not? I am near KR Puram.
pradeepecr

Post by pradeepecr »

You can contact Sudhakar - 7259692306. Technically good.
Instead of contacting pump dealer, just they will add their extra charges. you can better rely on this technical guys.

You can mention my name Pradeep from Mahadevapura. (they have done one installation for my site & one for my nearby neighbour site). I don't know still he remember my name. I have done last 8 months back.
bbllaazzee

Post by bbllaazzee »

Thanks a lot Pradeep.

Return to “Civil Construction”