Borewell dilemma

babume

Re: Borewell dilemma

Post by babume »

I just recently completed my borewell with Kannan Borewells. I am actually Out of the country. I called the owner directly based on the number in their site. He was very professional and the work was completed on time per the specification and It took me a week to pay for it (paid a 25k advance) not even a single grudge. I think most of the issues is due to the fact people go thru the agents.. I did get a quote from a agent before calling them directly.. not big price difference in price ..but not even a single issue in completing the work.... My contractor was there at site and it went very smoothly. I thought its worth sharing the experience.
anandchida

Post by anandchida »

All,

Looking at the highly alarming trends in and around bangalore of borewells running dry and no cauvery water in some areas, does anyone know or planning for recharging borewells with rain water?

If yes, how does one recharge the borewells using RWH and how long (years?) before you see water again from a dry borewell.

Anand
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Recharging of borewells is not an instant process.Also its should be an collective effort from the society to increase the water table.There are very good results seen in Hyderabad (where RWH was introduced 10years before bangalore).It generally takes 3 - 4 years depending up on the % of RWH pits done in your area.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
kiran0222

Post by kiran0222 »

Can any one give me the contacts number of Kannan Borewell? i read in this thread that they are good. but in internet there are multiple websites and different contacts so i am confused which is genune.
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

Kiran, I have the number at home - will send it to you later or tomorrow. good luck.
mohanvk

Post by mohanvk »

Usually the geologists are quite good at locating these points but minor variations will not vastly change the results within a plot of these dimensions. I have a couple of good borewell diggers, if you want their reference you can let me know and I can put them on to you. they are quite decent guys and reasonable.
Also, I feel even keeping the existing location of the bore the plan can be worked around it in a nice way by workiing the design around the open space.
do let us know if you need any help.
regards
Mohan VK
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

Here is the number I used about a year back - for getting my well done. Palani of Kannan Borewells - 9845330574. But I first used the number from bangalore.justdial.com - 80 6649 2045
kiran0222 wrote:Can any one give me the contacts number of Kannan Borewell? i read in this thread that they are good. but in internet there are multiple websites and different contacts so i am confused which is genune.
sholla

Post by sholla »

Hi,

I got my borewell done by them in February this year.
Their contact info ..Kannan borewells, 22266447/22373536/9845011232

Goodness is just relative. In our case, we hit rock quite early (at 50 '). He claimed
to have struct water 1 1/2" @55 feet, 1/2"@180 and 1/4"@292 feet. The serious
problem was the boulder/silt that appeared at 55-60 '. After the drilling, the kannan
person said that we should install filter pipes immediately otherwise the bore may
collapse. These filter pipes turned out to be ordinary PVC pipes with filter grooves
along. Later I realised that there was no such urgency, but could have taken a week
to fully understand the options and take corrective action.

The kannan person finally scribbled a "Borewell completion report" that is
barely legible. He was in great hurry to go to Hebbal to start another drilling
that night. I remember him saying "we always give guarantee for the borewell
but not for the water". Whatever that means..

regards
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

absolutely right about being rushed. they don't come on time, but want to run off in a hurry. And pressure tactics, thanks for that note. Everyone should read up enough and understand all options before starting the process, so as not to be pressured with add ons (that may or may not be needed)
kammasunil

Post by kammasunil »

hi..

can any one suggest geologist/any person who can tell borewell point location ...actually i want to make it in my native..having around 7acres of land...last year one borewell was drilled for about 900 ft. but no water....there is one borewell existing ..it will b dry during summer...i dont want to take any risk again...i am looking for a person with high sucess rate...

Return to “Civil Construction”