Solar powered homes from BORG

bmallu

Re: Solar powered homes from BORG

Post by bmallu »

Can you please give me the contact details.
aries31

Post by aries31 »

It may be a good idea to wait until the budget is presented. There *may* be some incentives for solar powered homes...
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

sateeshpnv wrote:Is Tata Solar Dynamo is similar to Borg and Emerson? Looks like WRT cost.

I finally went for a local solution costing about Rs. 58k which includes:
2kVA hybrid (solar + mains) inverter
300Ah solar tubular batteries (150*2)
300Wp solar panels (150*2)
frame, wiring and installation
Sateesh,

Could you PM me the solar guys you dealt with.
Also if you post some pics of your installation, it would be great.

Thanks,
Ramki
vinit

Post by vinit »

Hey guys,

I would like to know at what point does this make sense in a cloudy city like Bangalore?
We only get 3-5 months of fully sunny days.

Your advice?

- Vinit
sateeshpnv

Post by sateeshpnv »

In bangalore, as per the vendor, power generated by solar is 0.5 unit per 100Wp per day. For 300Wp I had to spend <20000. I expect about rs 200 saving per month in electricity bill. If we treat solar as incremental cost over inverter then the return on investment is not bad.
nagzzz

Post by nagzzz »

Hi Sateesh,
Can you please pm me the details of your vendor. And what is your initial feedback on the system? I am planning to completely go off-grid :-) .I am having problems getting a permanent BESCOM connection at my house due to seller of land creating issues.
pomski

Post by pomski »

I'm surprised why nobody is discussing about MNRE subsidy here? I found this link and may be it might be useful for the members here - http://mnre.gov.in/file-manager/UserFiles/subsidy.pdf I was also very keen about Solar and enquired with Kinara power. They said there is no break even for Solar systems used for power backup. My requirement for a duplex house was about 3 KW and Kinara quoted around 7-8 lakhs which includes hybrid inverter, batteries, etc. He himself strongly discouraged me from going for Solar power. My cousin is a Senior Energy Consultant with CII and he advised that there are providers in Hyderabad who will do the paperwork for MNRE subsidy and charge the net amount to the customer. According to him it was around 2.5 lakhs for 3 KW. Please let me know if any of these providers are able to assist in claiming MNRE subsidy.
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

There big backlog with MNRE subsidy, hence no vendor is considering that. They are ready to give all the documentation so that we can receive whenever it will come, i spoke to many including selco etc, they are waiting for claims submitted 2 years back to be honored
harishnb

Post by harishnb »

Has anybody tried the http://www.kinarapower.in/ for solar lighting?
pomski

Post by pomski »

As mentioned in my previous post, Kinara themselves are not encouraging us to go for full Solar powered systems as there is no break-even.

Return to “Civil Construction”