Material contractor cheating in Built-up area!!

chandra1635

Material contractor cheating in Built-up area!!

Post by chandra1635 »

Guys,
I beg your help here. My material contractor was doing better till now. When he gave me the final bill, He is showing that he built more SFTs.
I paid another builder and he came and measured in building. His measurement and Architect measurement matches almost.
My contractor is now very angry and not willing to accept the truth. He is boasted and putting me a lot of pressure to pay the excess amount. He know my soft nature .
how to solve this issue guys ?

Many Thanks for your any help, reply comment etc.
Chandra
tvsh

Re: Material contractor cheating in Built-up area!!

Post by tvsh »

Tell him that he has made a mistake in the measurements and ask him to measure it in your presence and challenge every measurement if it is not correct. And finally both of you will agree if the measurements are done together. You are the one making the payment, so be firm. He cannot over charge and get away with it.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Chandra

No one can inflate the measurements blindly just to make money.

As you said, in the presence of your architect and any other mutually acceptable third party knowledgeable person(Another Contractor/Civil Engineer)
ask him to justify his measurements and pay as per that.

Always payments happen, once the service provider proves his work with measurable qty.
Not just based on the one sided invoice raised by them with inflated numbers.
chandra1635

Post by chandra1635 »

Hi Masn1270 and tvsh,
Thanks for your suggestion. I will talk the way you have mentioned here. will update you soon.
His belief is his calculation correct, his includes all (windows+ door) Chejja of the houses. etc. which should not be the legally correct.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Chandra,
Building measurements are always plinth to plinth .Chajjas, shades, pergolas ,elevations fins are out of this .U need to be little strong and get your architect involved for your support .

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
amachismo

Post by amachismo »

HI Chandra ,
There are general rules for measurement make sure you get aware of it . Get as many people from your side to back you up and one person who knows how to measure and can talk strongly in your contractors language . If you are very confident on your ( or you architects ) measurement put an open challenge ( when there are people around ) that you will pay if what ever he is asking if you are wrong or if he is wrong he should pay that amount to you . You dont have to be soft natured when it comes to business .

And note no bloody person on earth can take money from you just like that .. Until you give up .

Regards
Arun

Return to “Civil Construction”