Wall mount Closet with P Trap

ArunKoundinya

Wall mount Closet with P Trap

Post by ArunKoundinya »

Hello Fellow members,

Need urgent inputs / guidance on this matter.

I have purchased a extended wall mount closet to be installed in my first floor attached toilet. Now this closet has P trap. My contractor is saying no one installs P trap closets in First Floor. Is this true?

He also says if I insist, then the sanitary pipe will protrude out on the wall. Is this true? The wall is of 6" concrete blocks.

Please let me know asap since I have stalled the work due to this.

Thanks in advance for helping out.

Warm regards

Arun
Suleman

Re: Wall mount Closet with P Trap

Post by Suleman »

1. you can install P trap W.C if you have drain shaft back of your toilet or need to install discharge pipe inside block wall start from first floor to until ground floor.

its lot of work for plumber to do. that's the reason may be he dont insist.

dont worry its not rocket science.

feel free to contact me if you need further information. i am plumbing engineer working since 12 yrs

thanks
suleman
ArunKoundinya

Post by ArunKoundinya »

Thank you so much for the quick and timely help, Suleman. I will update you back soon.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Arun ,
First thing is that you don't get a 'S' trap wall mount WC any where in the market .All wall mount WC are 'P' trap only .If you are using Concealed flush/cistern tank you will be making ledge wall by default in which the P trap outlet can be give taken out through sunken slab which ever side you want .
In residential its not possible and suggested to carry toilet lines from upper floor to lower floor toilets (its looks very shabby and not practical all the cases to have toilet below toilet)
For Wc extended with cistern models you can give connection directly only if it is fixed to outer wall of the toilet other wise you need to provide additional ledge wall to convert the P trap to S. There is no other way you can do it to my knowledge .

Please share your experiences with fellow members once your plumbing works are done, it will be very helpful if you can add pics of the site installations for others to understand much easier .

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
ArunKoundinya

Post by ArunKoundinya »

Thank you for your valuable inputs, Praveen.

You are right. I did realise about the wall mount WC and the trap type while going around to find one with S trap. :-)

Plumber has assured me he will install it without the sanitary line being visible outside. This problem is only for one bathroom since the external wall of this bathroom is to my balcony. Now, my only concern is that he is not making the ledge wall to install this. He says he will conceal the pipe within the six inch concrete wall. Hope he knows what he is doing and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I will surely take some pics of the installation process and upload here for general reference.

Regards

Arun
ArunKoundinya

Post by ArunKoundinya »

Hi Everyone,

Here is a photograph I had taken after the plumber laid the pipes in the bath room. The closet pipe has been installed in such a way that it does not protrude in / outside the wall. No ledge wall has been planned or constructed. Praying that this setup works well as the wall and floor tiles have already been laid now. Waiting for the plumber to visit the site and test everything ones...

Warm regards

Arun
Plumbing.jpg
Suleman

Post by Suleman »

its advisable to use WYE fittings in horizontal flow instead of TEE fittings. its ok he has done his job already

Return to “Civil Construction”