Need quick help on shared bathroom concept .

amachismo

Need quick help on shared bathroom concept .

Post by amachismo »

Hi Forum Members,
Attached is shared bathroom between master bedroom and a kids/study room. Is this good if i have doors at both the ends of passage of bathroom or are there any other alternate ways to share bathroom without disturbing privacy ? .
Your suggestions are welcome. This portion is top floor of duplex house with open terrace.

Thanks In advance
Arun
Attachments
shared bath.png
Chida_gs

Re: Need quick help on shared bathroom concept .

Post by Chida_gs »

Hi,

Why do you want to have 2 doors to the Bathroom, Not suggestable also.

Use it as common Bathroom for both Master room & kids/Study room, So that there is no disturbance to Privacy also.
Else you can 2 Bathroom (1 for Master bedroom & 1 for Kids), Remove that WB (Wash Basin) & WM (Washing Machine) divide that portion to 2 Bathrooms.
Wash Basin can be kept inside the Bathroom. Any how you have made the arrangement for WM outside (OPen Terrace).
amachismo

Post by amachismo »

Thanks Chida for reply,

The doors are not for toilet istelf its for passage ends (that one in front of wash basin ). We did think of one bath and one small toilet , but behind toilet will not have window we need to provide skylight option .
girishd

Post by girishd »

With current floorplan you will need two doors to the bedroom - one for access from Family area and one towards the common bathroom. The same applies to Study if you plan to use that as guest room.

Can you not have the family space as open and eliminate the wall having WM/WB. May be move those towards the D1 of Bedroom?
suku

Post by suku »

Hi,

I have attached here a few options you might like to consider. Would be glad to help further if needed.
Attachments
Plan.pdf
Options that can be considered
(298.72 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
amachismo

Post by amachismo »

Hi suku ,
Thanks a lot for that creative solutions given for my problem , which even my engineer couldn't think of . I really appreciate your time and efforts spent in giving that multiple suggestions with sketch and dimensions , no one would have done that for free . I again thank you for these plans will discuss with my family and let you know that outcome.

Regards,
Arun
suku

Post by suku »

Hello Arun,

Please feel free to email me if you need to discuss it further. I would be glad to help best as I can.
Hope I will be able to help many others like you, thru this site too! :)

Regards
Suku

Return to “Civil Construction”