Akrama Sakrama - Deviation

npawar

Akrama Sakrama - Deviation

Post by npawar »

Dear Members,

There are several discussion on the topic of permissible deviation allowed, i,e the deviation or violation of house from sanction plan versus actual construction. I have read in few places that, the allowed deviation if akrama sakrama is implemented shall be upto 50% for residence, is this correct understanding ??

and also as per the BBMP rules what is the area for offset for 60 X 40 site required ?? I think 1 meter around house and 2 meter in front of the house ? is this correct ??

Cheers,
Narendra Pawar
mudude12

Re: Akrama Sakrama - Deviation

Post by mudude12 »

Hi,

The allowed deviation is for already constructed houses.

Around the house it is 8% of the depth and front it is 12.

Thnx
npawar

Post by npawar »

Thanks, but i was told by few friends, that you have to have min (as u mentioned) 8% around the house and in front 12% setback. so my query was how much you can get into these setbacks ?? I believe 50% deviation is allowed, for example you can have setback area of at least 4% around and 6% in front, which will be ok or accepted during akrama/skrama or will be accepted after making some payment to regularize the deviation.

is this my understanding correct ? please suggest, as none of the houses in Bangalore are 100% as per BBMP rules, every house will have some deviation from actual approved plan.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

npawar

Do not assume in general every house in Bangalore has deviations from the approved plan. we can see thousands of buildings, which have strictly followed all the set back rules whether its residential or commercial structures.

What is your logic for purposefully violating the setback rule ? Just b'cos some one told you to do ?? If some one says to you to X.Y.Z illegal things, will you do those things also without your own judicious call ??? I suggest, better understand the purpose of Setback area first. Its made for your own safety, healthiness and also for your neighbors.

if your intention is to violate the setback rules, better don't take any approvals for your building, so that you bypass many hurdles and save big money also. In any unexpected incidents either in your building or around your structure, you will be pointed as the violator with/without approval.

I don't understand why an educated person(so called) willing to violate that too in a 60X40 Size Plot ?
npawar

Post by npawar »

mns,

thanks for your write-up, but not sure what made you think I am violating, I was just asking Qs, which why this forum is meant for, i.e to discuss and help each other with information such that everyone in society are benefited.

but your message is not at all helpful, if I were you, I could have put across the same message in nice and friendly manner, it was very rude response, you are hitting back so hard as if I have committed something wrong and harmed others. Please always analyse the Qs and understand and appreciate peoples concern's before replying in such an sarcastic manner. Let me remind you again, this forum is for exchange of information not for attacking and making personal statements. I hope you will correct yourself

Cheers.
nagarjunkatta

Post by nagarjunkatta »

hi pawar,

Why will someone help u when u ask for % of deviation u can have in ur setbacks.. Setbacks are to set everything right!! its not to deviate.. this deviation is for the ones which are already constructed..

The Qs asked by u is not helping anyone.. infact, encouraging others to violate.. FYI, We know how this forum works :)
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

npawar

If you had understood the very basic purpose of setback rules, you wouldn't have asked your Q related to Violation twice here.
Its neither worth sharing here nor a gyan for anyone.

Akrama-Sakrama scheme is only a political gimmick by Govt mainly for revenue generation for their sick treasury. It doesn't have any
Legal or constitutional back up, as it questions the purpose of the law & regulations Itself. Just by paying a small penalty an illegal thing
can't become legal. Also, its not a permit for any new violation. This scheme is already opposed by plenty of resident welfare association
& they've plans to move to Court against such illogical schemes which encourages uncivilized people to practice violation & create
injustice to those who follows.

Do not practice to throw anything and everything in a forum. Kindly Use these forums judiciously for meaningful things.
jult

Post by jult »

Dear msn,

your comments as eye opener for everybody in this form. thanx for your honest message to this forum
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

MY OPINION TOI SUNDAY 02/02/2014
Akrama Sakrama will worsen corruption
Ashwin Mahesh

Akrama Sakrama is a complete fraud, but that hasn’t stopped state governments --of different parties -- from trying to get it passed into a law. Now the latest attempt to push it through is being made. But we should have no doubt that it will greatly harm our cities, and worsen an already entrenched culture of corruption in public administration.

There are many things wrong with this scheme. While regularization may be unavoidable, given the scale of what has happened so far, if it’s not done right even now, that’ll be an open invitation to let things carry on as they are in future too. Let us look at the many points of failure in what is being proposed.

(a) The proposal doesn’t include any penalty for officials who connived in the illegalities. In fact, they have not even been identified.

(b) There is virtually no transparency. Which are the properties to be regularized, and to what extent? Let the government put up that list first.

(c) It doesn’t require the consent of neighbours to regularize violations. The state is giving a free pass to people whose violations hurt their neighbours’ quality of life, as though it were the affected party.

(d) It doesn’t have any roadmap for stopping the violations in future. In fact, since the time Akrama Sakrama was first proposed in 2004, the government hasn’t even moved a finger in this direction.

(e) It ignores the fact that existing provisions of the Karnataka Town and Country Planning Act can deal with most violations, and this law is actually not needed at all.

(f) In the case of Bangalore, having notified a Metropolitan Planning Committee recently, the state government no longer has any role in city planning.

(g) No one seems to care that after regularization, unplanned neighbourhoods will be just as bad as they are now.

(h) It is not clear what happens to people who don’t come forward to declare their violations, or those whose violations are in excess of the regularizable limit; i.e., the worst offenders are not tackled.

Let us also understand why this legislation is moving forward, despite all these. The correct way to fix the broken system — through new town planning schemes, transparently, with neighbours’ consent, etc. — requires hard work, patience and diligence over years. Not wanting to do this, the government is giving itself a free pass, and hoping that enough citizens will support it for their own private benefit, despite all the tragedies it will vest upon our cities.
rkirana

Post by rkirana »

akrama - sakrama is required. BBMP needs to change its rules which are archaic. Around 7 years back when I built a house, I had to leave 7 feet in front, 3 feet each on sides and back - in a 30x50 site. You can imagine the space left. The rules are made such so that people violate and they can make money

Return to “Civil Construction”