Cement prices shoot

mudude12

Cement prices shoot

Post by mudude12 »

I am using ultratech PPC for plastering and the price has increased by Rs 50 in the last three days and my vendor claims it will increase by another Rs20 in the next one week. Any idea why this increase ?
msn1270

Re: Cement prices shoot

Post by msn1270 »

After the 2014 election results are out, all builders/developers started spreading the speculation that real estate price will shoot up sharply in line with the share market. But in contrary, real estate company prices have not shown any major change in the last one month. But majority of the real estate company stocks are still trading below their issue price and they have shown negative growth since last few quarters financial reports.

Don't go by speculation. It could be a tactic by the business men in nexus with the developers and builders. So it could be a temporary change also. Usually, once monsoon starts, cement prices comes down across india, as the construction activity slows down.
Last edited by msn1270 on June 10th, 2014, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
kbvs

Post by kbvs »

Yes, cement prices have increased drastically and have heard that on 10th or 15th of this month there shall be another round of increase, this is due to increase in demand from AP and TN. am seeing few people stocking up cement.
avinash46

Post by avinash46 »

yes my engineer told me cement prices have increased by Rs 30 and may further increase.
Vishnu2014

Post by Vishnu2014 »

Yes, it has increased by 35 bucks. I am paying Rs 338/bag for Birla Super 53 grade
vinit

Post by vinit »

Yes, we have been speaking to many wholesalers and there is a definite increase in price.
And there are chances of continuing increase till the prices stabilize between 340 to 360 depending on brand.

All we can suggest is the following:
1) Stock up what you can … if you have space to store 200 or even 250 bags today, buy it from a wholesaler.
2) Be prepared for the new prices to remain till the end of your current construction project (6 months, 1 year, 2 years or more!)

Hope this helps.
mudude12

Post by mudude12 »

This would have ripple affect on other products such as cement blocks, rmc etc. This is not related but I am told the new leadership in AP has got something to do with this. I don't see any obvious reasons for such a steep hike other than the will and wish of cartels. My sand supplier also increased prices for sand from tricky. He reasoned that the demand has gone high as kollegal supply is stopped. Just sharing info.
m_d1982

Post by m_d1982 »

I guess the cement prices have again gone up by 20-25 Rs from last night.
Regards,
Martin
vinit

Post by vinit »

Hi Martin,

Yes, you are correct. Just checked and Birla Super was up by Rs. 30 yesterday and others are slowly increasing today/tomorrow.

:-(

- Vinit

Return to “Civil Construction”