safety grill fabrication at home premises

akula

safety grill fabrication at home premises

Post by akula »

We want to get safety grill fitted for our house in our setback area . The people who do the fabrication want to do the welding work onsite using power from my home. I asked them for the KVA of the machine, but they are not able to tell me. Mine is a 5KW connection for my home. Is it okay to allow them to use the welding machine from my home power ? I'm concerned about the load and any other issues.
tamya

Re: safety grill fabrication at home premises

Post by tamya »

We used connection from home itself (most what have seen) Ours was 3Kva. Any way you would MCB which would trip in case of load.
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

can you please share how much the grill cost? . Is it depends on the guage they uses ? .What additional attributes you have considered in deciding the final cost.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

akula

The Welders are not Technical guys to give you the accurate electrical specification of their welding system.
Your household connection of 5KVA is very good capacity. For your confirmation, you can check visit their workshop and
have a look at their system, where the power capacity will be mentioned in a label plate on a side/backside.

Usually all the fabricators specifically uses a smaller machine for the onsite works mainly for logistics purpose and installation
work mainly need joining and small miscellaneous works. These systems doesn't need more than 2KVA.
akula

Post by akula »

@msn1279,@tamya - thanks for the replies.
@sam_m400 : the cost quoted is around Rs160 per sqft including final painting. 10mm square rods will be used at 4 inches spacing. i've not yet negotiated , i'm hoping to bring it down to 150/sqft.
bbllaazzee

Post by bbllaazzee »

@akula, is it possible to PM me the Grill contact?
tech4pk

Post by tech4pk »

150 is also little high. I got it done at a lesser price and they made everything at their factory, and came and installed it. some areas like the doors and any complex areas, they made the grills at the premises.
bbllaazzee

Post by bbllaazzee »

tech4pk wrote:150 is also little high. I got it done at a lesser price and they made everything at their factory, and came and installed it. some areas like the doors and any complex areas, they made the grills at the premises.
Is it possible to PM me the grill contact?

Return to “Civil Construction”