Granite sink or stainless steel sink

sam_m400

Granite sink or stainless steel sink

Post by sam_m400 »

I have seen granite sink with 2*2 size with single mould but inside size in most of them are less than the stainless steel sink of same size. though it is 24*24 , actual sink size would be 18*16*6 " depth as rest of thickness is going on the side . cost i got for 2*2 is is 5600 rs with 400 rs for transporation . Stainless stell amber with 40" with all fitting inclusive cost on ly 9800 Rs and haven;t checked on other brands. It has 3 tubs ,one for clearning,vegetable cleaning ,and last is trap. How goood is this as compared to granite ?

Which brand of stainless stell sink is good ? . There is Dukolex,parryware and amber . I am looking for 2 tubs, and one cleaned portion part.....
Last edited by sam_m400 on April 30th, 2013, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ardesarchitects

Re: Granite sink or stainless steel sink

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
I would suggest go for steel sink unless you are used for typical granite sinks.Granite sinks are heavy to be supported only on wall below ,there by you loose the bottom storage space typically used for keeping dust bin and dish wash liquids.There are more chances of algae and fungus formation on granite than steel.

Regarsd
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Desingers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
m3_07

Post by m3_07 »

unless there is hygeine maintained, either of the materials will not help minimize the health risk. Granite & steel are in a different league all together & you cannot draw parallels in which is better & which is not. Grantite top usage can be as rugged as you can imagine, while the steel tops/ sinks will need to be handled with care.

I have made provisions for storing the bins & dish wash below the sink.

If you happen to cause a dent in the steel sink, there is no tinkering option.....you gotta leave with the scars :)
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

also if it is open kitchen, noise from SS sink will be too much, go for granite one.
sk1976

Post by sk1976 »

If it is for own use and if you can maintain well, you could go for SS sink. Otherwise(rental purpose, etc), Granite sink is better. Also you can polish the granite sink and I am not sure whether SS can be given some coating to make it look fresh after some years.
Vimal

Post by Vimal »

Praveen,

Carysil makes granite sink which is 80-85% quartz, acrylic & pigments. It looks great.

How is that product ?

Thanks
Vimal
pradeepecr

Post by pradeepecr »

SS sink with 1mm thick and bottom with rubber sound proof material don't make noise. what I have realized, with granite or kaddapa algae type of film will form if its wet for sometime and cleaning will be difficult, if you leave for more than one day. some odour will start to come.
blorebuddy

Post by blorebuddy »

I am planning to go for Granite Sink. Any idea where I can get a good quality one and the price
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

is rubber sound proof sink is available readymade ,or we need to build one like that under the sink? . I have seen amber, dekolix ,parryware etc but all are without rubber ware. Which brand has that ???????
Prakash

Post by Prakash »

I think you can have a look at Nirali Silent square range - http://www.niralisinks.com/silent_square_range.html . It appears to be sound proof - but not sure whether they use rubber or some other material.

Return to “Civil Construction”