UPVC windows : Fimen vs Fenesta?

aries31

UPVC windows : Fimen vs Fenesta?

Post by aries31 »

I am planning to install fenesta UPVC windows (about 300sqft total). I have also seen Fimen upvc windows and from the looks can't tell any difference in quality (such as smooth sliding, rugged feel, operation of buttons etc)

Does anyone have any experience with Fimen UPVC windows?
JollyRogers

Re: UPVC windows : Fimen vs Fenesta?

Post by JollyRogers »

Fimen costs about half the price of Fenesta. However Fimen is a new company, so I am not sure how durable they are. Fenesta is a reputed brand with a higher costing.
After a lot of consideration, I have ordered LG UPVC windows. Currently its 20% cheaper than Fenesta and 100% of the parts are manufactured directly by LG Korea itself. (Good finishing right from screws, handles etc.) They are into UPVC windows since over a decade and its a Global company maintaining high quality standards with a 10 year warranty on them.
aries31

Post by aries31 »

Hi JollyRogers,

I contacted Fenesta and they seem to be hesitant to provide even a prelim quote. I will try contacting LG. Fimen says it will cost around Rs500-550 psf. The build quality looks OK. How does this compare against LG?
BengaluruBoy

Post by BengaluruBoy »

I got several quotes and comapred the quality. I'm planning to go with LG as their quote is about 40% cheaper than Fenesta and the quality looks as good as Fenesta. I like their profile too.
aries31

Post by aries31 »

Hi JollyRogers,

From where did you buy LG? I sent an inquiry through their webpage and they seem to not respond . Please share the shop or person/phone. You can also send a PM if you wish.
pradeepecr

Post by pradeepecr »

Hi aries,

I got quotes from LG person Vinayaka - 09686114365. I got this number from jollyroggers.
santro

Post by santro »

You can check for Lingel upvc windows (http://www.lingelwindows.com) a German product. I have seen their product at BIEC exhibition which was very good. The sales person at the counter quoted price of Rs400-500/sqft for 2 track windows & Rs500-700 for 3 track windows (sliding type).
krishna74

Post by krishna74 »

hi All,
did anyone finally buy LG upvc windows? can you share your experience ? I am trying to decide between LG and Rehau ? your feedback will be helpful.

thanks
Krishna
aries31

Post by aries31 »

I have purchased LG Hausys UPVC windows for my house and I am very happy so far (installed about 6 months ago). The service also was good ( from Sutej )

I think the only downside maybe that the window is available only in white & not woodgrain. and the price depends on INR/USD exchange rates.
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

same feedback for LG as Aries31

Return to “Civil Construction”