Pre Fabricated Wall Panels - RapidWall

Hari

Re: Pre Fabricated Wall Panels - RapidWall

Post by Hari »

I am also interested to know more about pre-fabricated walls . if any one has tried and tested these technology then pls do share the view. I have seen people using the pre-fabricated windows, bathroom doors . But yet to see any residential house where we have pre-fabricated walls. I don;t mind using it partially in house at least for the pooja rooms, bathrooms .

Any idea what will be the cost difference between pre-fabricated walls and normal brick walls.
site.sale

Post by site.sale »

Hari,

According to the presentations displayed (I will send the link later) on the web, there is a major cost savings, while getting a better finish and a stable wall.

check out their web site at www.rapidwall.com.au . THey claim that there are structures in Australia as old as 12 years and still looking good. and they say they have done earthquake test for 10 story apartment complexes and it withstands pretty high richter scale events.

the questions I have are
1. Is the supply in Bangalore good.
2. Are there trained architects and civil engineers in bangalore who can monitor this type of construction.

as fas as I have read - they are manufacturing these in Mumbai and Chennai. And houses are being constructed using therm. the first one was in Mumbai I think (but that was with panels imported from Australia) - completed in (get this) 22 days or something ridiculous like that. With all the interior work etc. completed.

the reason I would like to go for this is 3 fold - cost, speed of completion and since it reuses waste material and is premanufactured will provide some green benefits (reduction in transportation costs, water usage, dust creation etc. etc.).

if you do find anything, please post me.

thank you.
ash.sape

Post by ash.sape »

Hello Site.Sale,

Thanks for the information on Rapid wall technology, I am eager to know more about this and hoping to implement this on my home project. Hopefully you made progress in finding company in Bangalore, which is providing this. If so, please share this information with the group, it will definitely help me and others.

Thanks,
Ashok
dayakota

Post by dayakota »

Thanks everyone for sharing this information. Are there anyone in Bangalore who can build this kind of houses? If anyone knows, please reply
prakum

Post by prakum »

Hi dayakota,
did you get any further info regarding Rapidwall construction?
I found a company in bangalore which supplies and support in construction with this technology.
http://authenticworks.in/projects.html
dayakota

Post by dayakota »

Thank you Prakum for sending me the link. Looks like this method of construction is being used at high end architecture needs like Malls, luxury Apartments etc. At-least for me it seems that. We need to see more case studies, if they have been used for low/middle income people homes and how feasible they are. So far, I haven't seen anyone using this method for normal home construction. But, Thank you once again
prakum

Post by prakum »

I came to know that even residential houses are also constructed with this technology. Good thing is that in bangalore also there is one house construction going on. I will post the link in short time.
pvn

Post by pvn »

pruksa silvana - close to old madras road have built their villas using pre-fabricated walls. Does anybody have feedback from the residents here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHPZRfFSyw4
dayakota

Post by dayakota »

that would be great prakum. I am looking forward for more details.
prakum

Post by prakum »

Here we go: House construction going on at Mallasandra, bangalore (as mentioned in website)
http://www.hastha.in/ongoing_rapid.html

In the same site, there are few snaps of houses at Udupi and Mangalore also.

The person who takes care of construction with this tech is Mr. Sudheer Acharya. You can try to get details from him. Contact mentioned in website.

Return to “Civil Construction”