How to know is it SC/ST grant land or not?

ganapat

How to know is it SC/ST grant land or not?

Post by ganapat »

Hi,

I want to know name of document which will confirm that the plot that we have purchased will not belong to any SC/ST grant land in karnataka/bangalore.
also want to know in which govt department we can apply for it.

regards
Ganapat
msn1270

Re: How to know is it SC/ST grant land or not?

Post by msn1270 »

you need to dig out the old papers of that piece of land way back from 1965.
ganapat

Post by ganapat »

you mean, if there is ownership of land is in a individaul persons name since 1965 then it is treated as non-grant land?
please add more information.

thanks
ganapat
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

NO. You are wrong.

What I meant is, during 1965 to 75 period, many of the state governments gave free land to SC/ST and to minorities
as part of improving of their social status and there are certain clauses to those lands. In the meanwhile some people
might have sold to someone else for their financial purpose and as usual Sub-Registrar offices registers any property
transaction without validating any ownership or Clauses as long as they get the stamp and registration duties. So in
such cases, the next kins can always challenge those transactions or creates disputes.

BTW, How can you expect an old agricultural land from 1965 to till date in a single individual name ? its nearly 50 years
period. do you have any logic ???

Once a person dies, it will become inherited property of his entire family tree and even in case of a property mutation,
different names will get inserted.
ganapat

Post by ganapat »

Thanks for the reply.

BTW, How can you expect an old agricultural land from 1965 to till date in a single individual name ? do you have any logic ???
I Mean, continuity of indivudual ownership since or before 1965(either through inheritance/devide or through sell/buy etc)

My question is, if the land has records of individual owership since 1965 or before that, then can we say it is not grant land?
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

1) Granting land to backward and minorities mainly happened somewhere between 1965 to 1975.

2) After the 1971 Indira Gandhi's nationalization Rule, many of the labors became land owners where they were working earlier.

3) Getting older document itself is a herculean task and also all those documents will be in a handwritten in the local language and is not so easy to interpret it by anyone and everyone as some of the terminologies used in those days is not known to today's generation.

Only an experienced document reviewer of older generation can give you precise details about the nature of land and its clauses by referring that document.
ganapat

Post by ganapat »

Do you have any contacts who can help on this?
I am looking for a person who can help me for the property present in K R Puram.

you can contact me at gpkulkarni@gmail.com
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

You need to look at grant certificate to determine if the land is allotted to SC/ST. One ( developer) can still purchase such lands provided they take the permission from DC. If a SC or ST self acquires a property, it is not necessary to get DC permission to sell the land. Due to legal complications, people generally avoid lands owned by SC or ST.

A good lawyer should be able to determine if the land comes under PTCL act or not.

Return to “Documents”