Trnsfer buyers name onto tax paid recepits

rean

Trnsfer buyers name onto tax paid recepits

Post by rean »

Hello members,
i was writing to know how do i transfer my name on to the tax paid receipts from the previous owner i have got khata and all other documents transferred to my name except this. When i went to the concerned BDA office (Thanisandra branch) the lady at the counter is requiring khata named in the first original owner of the site, who i'm not sure is still alive or dead, does she really need documents that far back or is she expecting me to pay bribe. The seller i bought had his tax paid receipts in order and he must have been the third owner of the site (i'm the fourth owner)
Any help on this issue will be much appreciated.
blrsiteseeker

Re: Trnsfer buyers name onto tax paid recepits

Post by blrsiteseeker »

if you have khata in your name, future taxes are paid in your name. What is the meaning of transferring "tax paid receipts" to your name - whoever pays the taxes, the receipt should be made in his name. There is no concept of changing the payers name at a later date!

Basically, khata is the account that shows who the owner is and who is legally held liable for taxes. So all you have to do is get the Khata transferred to your name.
palmut

Post by palmut »

yes, and the next time when you go and pay the taxes, it will be on your name. You need to carry a copy of sale deed, khatha transfer document and previous 4 years tax paid receipts (at least that's what I was asked for). The one good thing is that I didn't had to grease the palm of anyone.
cmoily@yahoo.com

Post by cmoily@yahoo.com »

You need give a written request at the BBMP office where the property is situated for change of owner name in the tax paid receipts. You need to submit copy of katha & sale deed along with the request.

Return to “Documents”