documents required after construction of house

bhatnp

documents required after construction of house

Post by bhatnp »

Hi ,
I constructed my house after getting approvals from BBMP . Based on approval , I have got electricity , water , sewage connection approval also . I have started getting regular electricity bills also .

1)How will get my property tax asessed ?
2)Is there any more documents I should go far like occupany certificate , changes in khata etc .

Please let me know the process

Regards
NPB
maheshv

Re: documents required after construction of house

Post by maheshv »

hi NPB,
on BBMP web site under online tax you can input the built up area, car parking etc., details and it will give your property tax amount. if not then you can also go to BBMP office and take their assitance
if you already dont have a khata, it is a good idea to get the same and if you have a khata you can update it to show the built house
this will help you during mortgage/loan
i think occupany certificate is only for high rise building but not sure, other members here can comment
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

quick follow up to the questions and answers above:

1. what does it mean to update the khata. I thought khata is based on the site and you just get a number for your property. The taxes are based on size of site and location rates (for empty site), and based on that and the built area for a house. What do we have to do to update the khata? Please let me know.
2. Occupancy certificate - would like to know about that, if it is needed for a independent home (not an apartment or high rise etc.).

thanks
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

my answers inline
blrsiteseeker wrote:quick follow up to the questions and answers above:

1. what does it mean to update the khata. I thought khata is based on the site and you just get a number for your property. The taxes are based on size of site and location rates (for empty site), and based on that and the built area for a house. What do we have to do to update the khata? Please let me know.
Based on Khata, property tax assessment is made and i was under the impression that khata needs to be updated after completion of building. Now i checked the internet to support my thought but i dont see any reference on khata update. So looks like as you said, khata will have only site details.

2. Occupancy certificate - would like to know about that, if it is needed for a independent home (not an apartment or high rise etc.).
More about occupancy certificate - http://ecopackindia.wordpress.com/tag/o ... mp-limits/

thanks
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

maheshv
thank you very much. will check out the leads you provided.
manojkumar

Post by manojkumar »

Any help regarding plan approval or any other documents, pls mail to *********************

Marketing not allowed,share your knowledge here first
Regards
ADMIN

Return to “Documents”