Cigar smoking by neighbour's rented house person.

ramki067

Cigar smoking by neighbour's rented house person.

Post by ramki067 »

Hi guys,

My neighbors' 1st floor house is rented out to a family. There is an old man aged above 65years keeps smoking daily continuously in the balcony. Due to wind, the smoke enters to our house windows and we (my mom, myself, my wife and my brother) have become passive smokers. I have told this old man many a times to stop smoking or smoke somewhere else, he tells ok and then again the next day he does the same thing.
We do not have great relations with our neighbor, and don't know what to do. Is there any law stating that smoking is prohibited in residential areas or something like that, so that i can tell that to him?
Please help.

Thanks,
Ramki.
nagzzz

Re: Cigar smoking by neighbour's rented house person.

Post by nagzzz »

i don't think there is any such law atleast here in India, and even if there is, I don't think you can approach anyone. You want to stop him, then stand up on the balcony with your whole family whenever he smokes and show what happens to passive smokers like you all.
rajesha07

Post by rajesha07 »

You can give police complaint. Better call 100 instead of giving complaint. Solution is simple
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

Thanks nagzzz and rajesha07. In fact, i threatened the old guy that i will give police complaint and spoke loudly in my house regarding this. Also, informed his family members about this and the consequences regarding health wise illnesses.
Now, the old man goes outside somewhere near a shop and smokes which has given us some relief.

Regards,
Ramki

Return to “Non Real Estate”